Today was the first visit of the psychologist who is helping with Riley's ABA therapy. We have been doing the therapy for about three weeks, minus the sickness and vacation, and we have seen some great results in little Riles! For one, he is more focused on happenings around him like the doorbell ringing and just people in general. He seems to like being the center of attention around grown-ups and his new thing is cinnamon LIFE cereal! He is asking for things and trying to communicate a little better which is wonderful! We loved it when we were loading up the car in Little Rock and he grabbed his suitcase, was yelling, "bye-bye" and went to the car dragging his suitcase all the way behind him! He loves to say, go,go,go when he is ready to leave and is loving to go outside these days. He says, "dide" and I know just what he means. He is off the jelly bean kick and loves chapstick! He wants it all over his lips all the time!
So, needless to say, the visit went really well and we added more words and motor skills that we will work on with him. Dr. B was really impressed that he is doing so well and had lots of constructive criticism and hellpful hints for us. Riley really likes him and we all had a wonderful time praising him and then here comes Riles from the other room, buck naked and hands full of poop! He had pooped in his pull-up, wanted it off, so he took action! I hurriedly threw him into the bath and cut the session short! What a little stinker!
I need to praise my sweet little girl now. Kylie has been so great during these therapy sessions. She watches Calliou and Barney and stays in the playroom so we can do our thing with Riles. Today was a long session so she eventually came in the living room and drew pictures for everyone! My favorite was a ukulele! Why would she draw that? Cute. She was a little shy but still wanted everyone's attention. She is really into drawing and spelling. She has 14 sight words that she learned at Sunshine School and she can spell them on command. If we ask her to spell "Poppy" or "potato" she says, "No, that's not one of my sight words!" I told her we were going to have to make some home sight words. I got a look from her!
What's going on with me? I am trying to catch up on all the shows I missed while on vacation. I was disappointed with American Idol last night because they started off really bad! Also, the judges were in a bad mood! I liked Taylor and Chris did great, I don't care what they say! I also liked Kathryn and Paris was okay. For once, I thought that Bucky did pretty well. I can't wait for LOST tonight and The Office had better be new this week!
I am also tired of seeing Sharon Stone on every channel tell us how sexy she still is over 40! She is the most annoying person this week!!
Everyone take a moment and remember me tomorrow on my birthday. I will be at Sunshine School, therapy, 6 month review for Riley, and then making dinner for my family! So special! I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. Well, maybe on a beautiful island!
3.29.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
4 comments:
So glad Riley is doing well. He must have done great if you can say that he did well and the sesion ended in handfuls of poop!
Hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!
I am so glad that Riley and Kylie are both doing so well and thriving. It was so good to talk to you today. I really miss our daily talks. Hopefully we can get together sometime soon.
Happy birthday to you!! (tomorrow) Have a great one!
I am so happy to hear all the great stuff happening with Riley (minus the poop episode...but that's any kid!) He is such a sweet boy--I just want to hug him every time I see him in the hall at school.
And, Miss Kylie is DEFINITELY on her way to being a little artist! I can't believe she draws all the things she does. What an early talent she has!
I hope your birthday has been good. That was so neat to see all your kids celebrating with you at school. Nothing's sweeter! (Well, I agree that the beach somewhere far away sounds good, but at least you were "celebrated" with children's love!)
Post a Comment