So, it's later than usual and I am on my way to meet Alan at the restaurant and I get a call from him. He is whispering, trying to tell me something very important! I finally get him to talk up and he says, "You will never believe who just walked in the restaurant!" I was curious. It turns out that LISA LOEB was in the very same restaurant that I was about to enter! SO EXCITING!!!! If you know me, than you know that I really like Lisa Loeb and am currently watching her reality show Number One Single on E! I've made Alan watch it a few times, too. He knew that it was really her because he also recognized her mom who has been on her show a few times.
So, I grab my new Lisa Loeb CD, put it in my purse, and walk into the restaurant. There she is! Our table was close by and the hostess TRIED to seat me with my back to her. I took the seat right where I could get a closer look and was starstuck all through dinner!! Alan was too. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her and her family. They had a newborn at the table and that was his excuse!
We waited SO long for our food and the whole time I was telling Alan, "I don't want to bother her. I'm not going to go up to her! Okay, maybe when she finishes eating. No, I definitely am NOT going to bother her!" I guess he had enough because when she got up to leave, Alan got up, walked right over to her MOTHER and said, "Excuse me, Ma'am. I just wanted to tell you that you are even more beautiful in person than you are on t.v.!" She was of course very charmed by that and giggled so he then approached Lisa and told her that his daughter was a huge fan of the song "Catch the Moon" on Noggin and then pointed to me and told her that I was a huge fan of hers too! Shocker! I can't even get Alan to ask for more bread! So she walked over to me and talked for a minute (I can't even tell you what we said to each other) and signed my CD!!! I had tears in my eyes! It was such a moment! Then we talked to her and her parents a little more and then they left! THE nicest people ever and it really made my night. WOW!!! From the table I called Nicole, Jeff & Kyri, and Katina. We were so giddy....it was great! I also called my brother Gary from the car on the way home. I'm so glad that I picked that restaurant and that Alan really wanted to make my night. How sweet!

On the guitar it says, "Dear Traci, Thanks for listening! Lisa Loeb"
The next morning, we ran in the St. Paddy's Day 5K Race on Greenville Avenue. It was my first 5k since September, so I did more power walking and talking to people rather than jogging! When I crossed the finish line, Alan asked, "What happened to you?" He was obviously waiting for me a lot longer than he ever had before. There were some way interesting people there. For instance, I was passed by: A banana, a leprechaun, people with green afro hair, women with strollers, pregnant women with strollers, a pregnant woman with a double stroller, dogs, kids, you see where I'm going with this! Alan and I were the ONLY ones who didn't wear green! I guess we missed that memo. Anyway, it was the perfect race to kick start the season out! I will definitely do better next time and I am going to work out in between races!! We'll see!
9 comments:
That is great! Traci, I LOVE your blogs!!
By the way, I totally agree with you about Reese Witherspoon. I love her and I am glad she won, but her performance wasn't all that special...In fact, the movie was a SNOOZER!
Did you get around to seeing Crash? I need to see it...everyone says it is wonderful. Love the story of Kylie and her American Idol Barbie show. She is so cute...
What a fun weekend! I'm not a huge Lisa Loeb fan, but I have watched her show a couple of times on E! and really like it. I thought it was VERY funny when that blind date sang her song (terribly!!) to her.
This is the first year I haven't done the Dash Down Greenville. We have done it the past few years and it's always so fun. However, being 37 weeks pregnant, I felt like I had an excuse to sit this one out!! ;)
Have a great week!
Jen-
The baby at the table was her brother and his wife's. Her sister was also there and looked like she just got up from a nap! Lisa had on a sweater, skirt, those black boots and her glasses. She looked sooo cute up close! Her mom was such a proud grandmother and asked us about our kids!
I hope she finds someone else other than Michael. I'm not fond of him!
She also didn't look happy and in love. She said that they were in talks for another season!
That was so cute that Alan worked so hard to get you Lisa'a autograph! What a sweet husband :)
That was so cute that Alan worked so hard to get you Lisa'a autograph! What a sweet husband :)
Good for Alan being assertive and getting you the autograph! Where were you eating? I am happy for you too...I know how starstruck I would be if I saw one of my faves. I am sure I would not remember much of the conversation either. Glad ya'll had a good date night.
Erica-
We ate your favorite....sushi at Nakamoto in Plano. Are you gagging right now? Have a great vacation! I'm thinking of you!
I am definitely gagging!!! How do you eat that stuff???
With LOTS of wasabi and soy!!
Post a Comment