3.06.2006

Kylie Cut Her Hair

Lots of things have happened this weekend but most of them happened today. First order of business: I finished Kylie's valence. If you know me, than you know that I have been stalling on finishing Kylie's room. Now I am getting closer. This week is Spring Break and I intend to do all the things that I have been putting off! We will see.



Second thing: KYLIE CUT HER HAIR! It's a little upsetting but not as bad as you would think. I guess the Samson and Delilah story at Sunshine School really got her to thinking. It's just one side and I can probably have someone taper the sides OR keep it in a ponytail 24/7. She never wants to wear it up because she wants to wear it, "long and silky!" Well, she was very upset to hear that she can no longer wear it "long and silky" for a good while! Poor baby! That'll learn her!




This weekend was a girls' weekend where Kylie, Nana, and I went to Canton. We had a great time at Canton but the trip to and fro were really too much to handle! I got lost on the way up there and on the way back we sat in traffic for 45 minutes for a darn fender-bender!!! Alan and Riley had a good time playing outside all day. That is Riley's favorite thing to do now. Here he is trying to catch bubbles in his mouth. Pretty cute!



Also, I made brownies for Oscar night and the kids licked the mix and had a ball! I seriously hope that the week calms down.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Kylie if it makes her feel any better...Aunt Essie used to cut her hair, too...And, Meemaw didn't even notice until I showed it to her in a wastebasket!

Big hugs and kisses to both kiddies!

Lots o' love-
Aunt Essie

Kristen OQ said...

I don't want to think about hair-cutting for a long time. At least the advantage with boys is I could always give them a buzz cut (that is if Seth ever gets hair to cut!).

The curtain is precious -- you did a great job. I didn't even know you knew how to sew, much less do something so great! Nice work!

Alyssa said...

Kylie's valance looks great- and I love the brownie pictures! It looks like you guys are having a great Spring Break! I think that cutting your own hair is a rite of passage for all girls---of course, I never cut mine- just my little sisters...

mcjacobsjournal said...

You know, I had a strange feeling sitting there in chapel that day that this might be an epidemic for Sunshine School kiddos. The Samson and Delilah story is just too tempting for the old hair-cutting action. In fact, I even talked to my class about it when we got back to the room (how we NEVER cut our hair ourselves and all of this...) I guess Kylie is the first to try it! :) She still looks adorable to me!

And, I hope Canton was fun with her too. I'm sure she loved getting to a part of the girls' day away.

Erica said...

The curtain looks great! Maybe you will keep it up for more than a year.(Ha,Ha...just kidding with you!) I may have to hire you to help me soon.

Poor Kylie...I remember cutting my hair in my closet when I was about 5 because I wanted bangs and my Mom said no. I showed her and cut my own. Needless to say it was right before a Easter style show I was in. I think I ended up wearing a hat. I agree with Alyssa I think it is a typical girl thing. I hope Kaylee avoids it though But I am sure my time is coming. She still looks adorable to me.

I love the pictures of Riley too. I just want to squeeze him. He looks like he is having a great time.

Love you all!!

courtney said...

Cute pictures of the kids!

I love the valance! I'm so jealous of people that can sew!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....