I love March! My birthday is in March. Spring begins. The kids get to play outside. What could be better? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the one thing that I dread in March. March Madness! Yes, girls. I'm talking about the ONE HUNDRED basketball games that I have to endure on our family television. I mean, who cares if IONA or Bradley wins? I don't even know those teams. I did, however, get into the Arkansas game yesterday as I was giving Alan a play by play on the phone to him at work. But that's beside the point! The point is...... these games drive me crazy out of my mind!
So, Alan got a clue how sad I was and fixed his old laptop so that I can actually sit in the same room with him and connect to the internet, blog, and listen to music. I am having such a great time surfing and getting things done for my class that I actually have March Madness to thank. Oh, AND Alan! Thank you, baby!
In other news, Riley had his therapy three times this week and is already doing so well! I think that he is really going to pick up on what we are showing him. He has been really receptive to Colleen and Dara and was not as frustrated this first week as we thought. Maybe I am being too quick to praise. Hopefully not! Tonight he has been watching Kylie and imitating some things such as playing the drum and playing peek-a-boo. He is tolerating her as we speak and she is SO happy that he is actually showing her some attention! This is what she has been waiting for! Also, he looked at me tonight and said, "Do this!" when he wanted me to do something. Alan and I are VERY encouraged!
Kylie has melted us this weekend with her sweetness. She is so content to play and sing in her room or draw at the table. She has REALLY tried to get Riley involved in fun play with her tonight! I admire her consistency and belief in her brother! She is the perfect sister for him. So gentle, kind, and patient!
It's really fun to have a rainy weekend where you HAVE to spend time with everyone inside! We're looking forward to the rain ending, though!
3.18.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
-
Nope- I didn't do a blog post yesterday. Quite frankly, my feelings were hurt and I was really disappointed. It's a shame that in th...
-
Last night I got the pleasure of meeting my first bloggy friend ever!! Ever since most of my real life bloggy friends fell off the wagon, I ...
2 comments:
That is GREAT news about Riley! So exciting :) I will not comment about March Madness, b/c I love it... but i understand that it can shut down a family TV very quickly :)
I am right there with you on the whole March Madness thing!!!
Post a Comment