12.10.2008

Alan's Post

Alan wanted me to post about 2 things that he is really proud of. I told him to get his own blog but he didn't think that was all that funny.

First off, he got a new truck. When his Grand Prix died on him in September, we had no idea about what to do. It was paid for and we were struggling! So, his parents offered up their Tahoe and that got us way out of a bind. Well, a couple of weeks ago Alan's parents found this snazzy truck and helped him buy it. He is so proud and loves his truck. We went to pick it up at Thanksgiving and Kylie said, "It's just what I've always wanted!" and gave it a big hug! Who knew she ever wanted a truck? Then almost in the same sentence she said, "I just wish it was red." Give that girl the moon and she will ask for the stars to go along with it, I swear.

Here's Alan's snazzy truck:




Here is Alan posing on it like for a high school picture. I almost peed in my pants taking this picture.


Kylie- loving the truck!


Riley- hating the truck!


The second thing that Alan wanted me to post about was this hawk. The lady who lived here before us told us that her hawk "is sometimes right out there in that tree". Yea, I know. Looney! Well, the other day we were looking out back and there was her hawk. He flew away when we opened the door but came back. He always comes back it seems. Alan is fascinated with it. I guess it's his hawk now!




2 comments:

Amy said...

Ok, the truck picture is hilarious! Even funnier, because I had my senior picture taken with my mustang, so your reference was right on. :) I do understand being excited about a new car, though, so I'm cutting him some slack.

Erica said...

So funny...I almost peed my pants looking at the picture of Alan on the tailgate. I do not know which was funnier to me seeing it or thinking about you taking the picture. Love ya!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....