8.12.2009

School and Subbing

So, I have mentioned that all I need to renew my Arkansas teaching certificate is 6 credit hours, right? Well, I went to the local community college and signed up for a web design class. I felt a little silly being almost 40 and signing up with teenagers but luckily I am young at heart and maybe this time around I can be the know it all in the class and actually answer questions when called on! ha! I'm gonna do it, too!

My only dilemma is do I sign up for another class and just get it all over with in one semester? If I do, I will take Photoshop (score!) and not be able to sub on two days instead of one. Also, if there is a position that opens up in the spring, I will have all my ducks in a row.

I went to my Substitute Teacher meeting this week and am getting excited about being active in the school again. The last time I subbed was in Wylie and I was pregnant with Kylie. (ha! that rhymes!) I wasn't trying to get a job through subbing so it wasn't that pleasant. This time I hope to charm the teachers and principal and get the job of my dreams by next fall. If I had only checked this out last fall when we moved here I could have taken those 6 hours that I needed in the spring and found a job for this fall. Live and learn! I have also heard that it is difficult to get a job here unless you know someone. One person told me that she couldn't even get a sub job here and she is a teacher one town over. So, I feel blessed to have gotten picked. Plus, I had EXCELLENT references! :)

In the meeting there was, of course, one BIG know it all! She kept interrupting the coordinator and giving us tips.....argh! I wanted to roll my eyes and crack up but I didn't know anyone well enough to show them my true colors just yet. That's what my blog is for!! To let the people know that there are still people out there that annoy the crap out of me and to please not interrupt the coordinator of a meeting to give your two cents. Unless you work there. I'm just sayin'!


1 comment:

The Wallace Family said...

There is always at least one know it all in every crowd..lol..just wait until you get back in those college courses...The professor might have let you go 30 minutes early, but one lucky person talks enough for the both of them and there you are stuck in class the ENTIRE time! You will see what I mean if you don't know already lol:) Best of luck to ya!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....