8.13.2009

Second Week of School/Carpool Lane

We had a great second week at school. I had been parking and walking the kids to their classes until Riley's teachers told me to start dropping him off in the car lane in the morning. Instead of one car at a time, they have about 10 cars in two lanes stop and let all the kids out at the same time, then the next group of 20 cars and so on... Riley's teacher is there to guide him to his class and I don't feel rushed thinking that the car behind me is saying, "Come on! Quit taking so long!"

I was supposed to start this on Monday morning but a little voice in my head said to walk them to class. I wasn't ready to give them up- they were so sweet that morning. BUT then, while walking to Riley's class, Riley took a detour. He detoured us right to the OT/PT room where there was a HUGE fan! He had found a fan at the school and was so happy about it! I couldn't get him out of the room! I finally found his teacher and she said, "They were supposed to get rid of that fan!" (Everyone is lookin' out for us!)

SO, that little story was the reason that I drop them off in the carpool line and don't look back! Now I can wear pajamas to take them to school. Just kidding- I am starting school and a job. I guess I am going to have to bathe before 11am. Those good times are SO over!

On the flip side, I have to arrive at 2:15 to be one of the first 20 people in line to get the kids. Yes, I sit there for ONE hour! I guess that will be study time! Riley's class is right in the back by the pick up line and they bring him out to me and tell me his day so I feel like I need to be there for that. Kylie gets scared if I am not in the first or second turn and thinks that something has happened to me so I am guilted by that! I am hearing that once traditional school starts the buses will pick up half of these kids so maybe I can get there at 2:30-2:45. I do get excited when I see their little faces come running up to the car! :)

No comments:

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....