8.27.2009

Thankful Thursday

I got a comment on my Sweet Cheeky Designs site from Diana. When I clicked onto her blog, I saw that she had a Thankful Thursday posted and it was very sweet and really made me think. A lot of times I have to look for the humor in things so it comes off as negative. I just have to remind myself to take a step back and see all that I am blessed with and shout it out loud.

Thankful Thursday is happening at Sonya's blog which is Truth 4 The Journey.


Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Here are the 5 things I am thankful for on this Thursday.

1. I am thankful that Alan got a great job up here and we are not struggling like we were in Texas. He is so happy and is also thankful to be working for such a great company. I love that he is appreciated as the intelligent man that he is and is not being taken for granted.

2. I am thankful that my kids are in a great school and are truly taken care of. Riley has a shadow so he can go to "normal" classes and Kylie has a very loving but stern teacher that knows exactly how to handle her. We can also go through the carpool lane before and after school like other families do. Yea!!

3. I am SO thankful that Riley's autism is not as bad as I have seen and read about. I wouldn't say we were lucky to have a child with autism but it could be so much worse. I am just glad that he knows who his mommy, daddy, sister and grandparents are. The rest will come in time.

4. I am thankful for my family back in Texas and Alan's family here in Arkansas. They are all so supportive of us and we feel the love. I am glad that they are all healthy and hopefully we will spend the holidays with them.

5. I am thankful for the love of my life. My Alan. We will celebrate 10 years together this November with a nice Mexican vacay and I will savor every minute with him. He has been my rock during difficult times and my comedian when I needed a laugh. He is (and I quote) "the bread to my butter." I couldn't imagine life without him and the kids and I don't ever want to!

So, that's my 5 for today. I am so blessed and I thank God for all that I have.

14 comments:

Jen said...

I am thankful for you!!!

Ashley said...

Great post Traci! ;) Love it! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Belinda said...

I love this...thanks for sharing!!! We miss you guys!!!
Belinda

Lisa said...

Wonderful blessings from a thankful heart!

Abbey said...

What a great list! I like Thankful Thursday. Maybe I'll have to join in the fun next week. Also, did you get the email I sent last week?

Jane In The Jungle said...

Great list! Welcome to TT!!

Kara said...

great idea!

Unknown said...

This was a great post. :) I think we all need to have these "thankful thursday" moments more often. I know it helps me put things in perspective. Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Speaking for Alan's family back in TEXAS....I am thankful for you guys!!!! Love and miss you, Katina

Kara said...

Okay, so you know we're loving this post, BUT...

Can I be thankful that thursdays are project runway night without being stupid?

Curious to know your thoughts about last nights episode which I actually go to watch on Thursday night this week

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I found your blog through Won't You Be My Nabor and LOVE your blog design! So fancy!

Nicole said...

When did you get so mushy? Is it something in the arkansas air? Will your next post be a "Sarcastic Saturday"?


I always have the funniest word verifications on your blog...today it is "woody"...I know, I'm 12.

Kristen said...

I doubt you noticed so I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you in one of my posts, here: http://kdesjardins.blogspot.com/2009/08/premium-meme.html

Miss you! Hope all is well!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....