This is as good as the pics get for him today! ha!
Today is Riley's 6th birthday. It's so hard to believe that I have had this little guy for 6 whole years. I can still remember holding him and rocking him to sleep. We had quite a bond. I would whisper in his ear, "When you grow up kid, you are going to be something special. Little did I know that he really is special. He would hug me tight and pat me on the back. It's the little things that make a mommy's heart flutter.
I pulled up some baby and toddler pics of him and it made me a little sad. I think it was because he was pretty normal up until the week I noticed that he was really frustrated and withdrawn. Now I look at him as just Riley, my son who is different than other kids his age but unique and lovable in his own way.
Riley came in to our bathroom this morning with the biggest grin. Alan and I both shouted "Happy Birthday" at him and he ran. I looked and he was grinning from ear to ear. Tonight we will celebrate with his grandparents by taking him out to eat. We can only go to places that have, "chips and cheese!" so I am guessing Abuelos! Then, I got him a little Razorback cake just FULL of red dye! Boy, are we gonna be paying for that the rest of the week!
Then we are going to Texas this weekend to celebrate Charlie's FIRST Birthday- I can't believe she is already one! We will then celebrate Riley's birthday with the other grandparents. Lots of spoiling going on this week! Alan and I will be getting a present, too. My mom and dad are going to keep the kids so we can go out on Sunday! Ah.....babysitters!
Happy 6th Birthday, Riley! I have compiled a love/not so much list for you!
I love it when you:
- give me smoochies and hugs
- seek me out to show me something
- cuddle with me when I am working on the computer
- ask me to "help please"
- get excited about something that you have just learned or picked up
- ask Ky-eee to help you do something
- want to play with Ky-eee
- gather everyone up in the same room and smile really big at them
- draw a picture about whatever you are liking at the time
- Tell Daisy- "get out Daisys"
- Tell us your name and address
- clean up your room
- sing Veggie Tales
- curl up with me in bed and fall asleep
- are sleeping so peacefully
I love it not so much when you:
- get obsessed with the fans
- want to go to Walmart to get donuts or fans
- squeal when you are mad and forget your words
- curl up with me in bed before 7am
- get frustrated and want to hit
- mark on walls and furniture with expo markers
- flood the bathroom because water is cool!
- tell Ky-eee to "shut up" because you heard it from her
You are still a pretty sweet little guy when you want to be, Riley! I love you always and look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday, Riley!! I hope you had a great birthday and wonderful year!!! We miss you!
Happy Birthday Mr. Riley!!! I hope your day was super-great! Tell your Mommy that I loved her list!!!
Miss you guys,
Yay, Happy BIRTHDAY! What a cute post, and I LOVE the Razorback!!!
Happy Birthday Riley!
He has gone from a cute baby boy to a cute little boy so quickly!
Hope his special day was wonderful...and the celebrations are fun through the weekend!
Give Riley more happy birthday wishes from Texas and the Brantleys! He is such a cutie and I love seeing the pictures over the years.
I had a few hours to blog hop tonight and your blog may be the cutest I have seen...The header is awesome..I am adding you to my sidebar.
Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog.
There is a great giveaway this week. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
Awwww Happy Birthday Riley!
Happy belated Birthday, Riley Roo! I can't believe you're six already!
Post a Comment