9.03.2009

Birthday Party Hangover

Riley had a great Birthday yesterday and we were all dragging this morning. trying not to be late for school. We weren't! :) Thanks to everyone who commented on Riley on my blog and on facebook. Everyone loves that little guy!

Meemaw and Peepaw arrived yesterday with about 12 boxes of Riley's chicken. We get Riley's GFCF chicken at Whole Foods and there isn't one here. So, every time Meemaw and Peepaw come up to visit, their cooler is FULL of Riley chicken. We are so thankful that they do that for little Riles. At $7 a box, that was a pretty good present. They also looked at a house here that they were interested in. We are hoping that they relocate to our area this year. The chicken? We will just have to go across the OK border to Tulsa, but that's a small price to pay for having grandparents in the same area. I grew up with both of my grandparents really close and I treasure the time I got to spend with them.


While we were waiting for Alan to get home so we could go to the restaurant, Riley was trying to open up his presents. I kept telling him to wait. It was pretty funny. Then, right before we left, I showed him his cake and he was SO excited!

So, we went to Abuelos where I tried to stay on my diet and order the seared tuna but my fork somehow kept reaching over to Alan's plate! Riley had his chips and cheese and was quiet the whole meal. He was also very patient in waiting for the cheese. :)

They brought out Ice Cream nachos and we scarfed his birthday freebie all up. He was still noshing on the chips and cheese.


Then we came home and opened presents. When it was time to light the candle on his cake, he ran to his room. He is deathly afraid of fire these days. So, we sang happy birthday while he peeked around the corner. He came back in after the fire was out.



Riley wanted nothing to do with the razorback cake- he wanted the bigger, more colorful one which is why I got it in the first place. Keith joked that we should take that Razorback cake to Charlie this weekend! ha! Don't you know that Jeff and Kyri would just LOVE that!


He ate one piece of cake and was finished. Meemaw and Peepaw left to go back to LR and we settled in to get ready for school the next day. He got a treat when Nana and Poppy called him and sang Happy Birthday to him. He was smiling from ear to ear!

I'm still tired but going to go to the gym and then work on some blogs. Back to reality.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Love Alan's superman t-shirt, Greg has that same t! They are our supermen :)

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....