3.07.2007

Well On Our Way

We are all on our way to being well. Riley got some much needed medicine from the doctor yesterday. Yes, I caved in and took him to the doctor. I hate going to the doctor because it is a million miles away and you always have to wait 2+ hours in a waiting room the size of our bathroom. If that's not enough to make you angry, when you finally get to see the delicate professional, it always ends with a "It's just a virus, no medicine will work!"

Well, yesterday, the really nice doctor told me that I brought him in at just the right time. Had I brought him in any earlier, there would be no medicine to give him. But, since I waited until his nose was green and running 24/7, he now had an infection and needed the medicine. Is that good or is that bad parenting?

So, after the doctor visit, I went and got the oil changed in the car. We waited for a pretty long time but good thing I had the Curious George video in the car. I didn't hear a peep from either kid. Next, we went and got gas and I got a free car wash. I asked Kylie if she wanted to go through the car wash since she used to be terrified, and I got a "sure" followed by a "Oh, no. This is not gonna be good!" I asked her, "I thought you wanted to go through the wash" to which she replied, "I'm not talking about me!" and pointed at little Riles. Hmmmmm. Something to think about. I had never taken him before and my little 5 year old was giving me a heads up. So, I bravely forged ahead and of course, Riley loved it! They giggled the whole time!

Next we went to Target and when we came out I didn't even recognize the car. I hadn't seen that pin stripe on the side since October. My mom called and wanted to know if we wanted to meet them at a Mexican Restaurant that night since Alan had left for China that morning and I told her that we would. Little ears in the back told me after I got off the phone that she didn't want to eat "that same old food" tonight that she wanted "Pizza Hunt". So we stayed in and are all feeling much better today. Except me. I have a constant ringing in my ear. I have been told when all this junk goes away, so will the roaring. Here's hoping!

1 comment:

courtney said...

Man, I don't know what the deal is with all the sickness, but I know I have had it with this junk...I'm sure you have, too. I didn't want to blog about it b/c I feel like all I do is write about being sick, but so far Korley, Jeff and now today, Landry have all had the Rotavirus. I'm a ticking timebomb!!

Have you considered changing pediatricians? Our old ped was like that, too--LONG waits in the waiting room, never a RX, etc. We finally changed and it's been so much better!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....