10.07.2009

Crafty Teacher's Gifts

Okay, first of all I have to take my hat off to all you crafty/scrapbookin' ladies out there that make it look SO easy to put stuff together. Bravo to you!


I took the plunge this week and made some little Fall/Halloween gifts for Kylie's teacher and for all 6 of Riley's teachers. Yes- 6!! They all do a fabulous job but I can't run out and get trendy little gifts anymore for 7 teachers. So, I set out to Target. I found 2 buckets for $2.50 each for each teacher. I am guessing that I am late in getting these because I wanted another rectangular jack-o-lantern but this was the last one. So, I had to get another kind. Wouldn't you know that Kylie wanted that one for her teacher? I also found a cheap set of Halloween scrapping paper and cut outs to make a card.

Then, for the guts, I went to Walmart. I got all kinds of candy and these cute little coffin crunch and bat droppings candy. I also got the tissue paper and ribbon there. This ribbon was a pain because it was really wide. That's what I get for not swinging by Hobby Lobby.

So, I made the cards in Photoshop and I loved the ribbon font that I found. I set out to print and I am guessing that I spent around 2 hours printing and cutting that paper. How do you all cut so straight? I have one of those little scrapping cutters but it still got the paper all kinds of crooked. Tying with that thick ribbon was another obstacle in itself.

I feel kinda bad about getting the aides a smaller gift because they do JUST as much with Riley! I made them little sacks of candy- hope they like it! Chocolate is a necessity when working with children! ha!


I am proud to say that they are finished and going to school with the kids tomorrow. Tomorrow is their last day until the last week in October. We have Friday and two weeks off for October Intercession. What are we doing? I have class on Wednesday and Friday both weeks so the Arkansas grandparents are coming up to keep the kids on those days. I really want to plan a trip to see the Mckinney grandparents during this time, too. We will see how it all pans out!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ummm, I'm supposed to get the teachers Halloween gifts???? Either you are an overacheiver or I am a total slacker mom. Either way, those are totally cute and you did a great job.

Traci said...

Michelle-
I only got them Halloween gifts because I didn't get them gifts at the beginning of the year. I just now learned all of his teachers! :)

The Wallace Family said...

Oh my goodness those are ADORABLE!! I love them and what lucky teachers to recieve them! And the assistants will be just as excited for you taking the time to make them what you made them:) And teacher's definitly need chocolate. You must be an year round school to get out for two weeks in October. Hope the kids enjoy thier breaks.

Lori said...

Those are really cute. I am now following your blog. I am from Arkansas too. Yall get a 2 week break from school??

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....