10.19.2009

Texas- OU Weekend


The kids and I came to McKinney to see our family this weekend. Texas/OU weekend!! Why didn't someone remind me? The traffic was pretty heavy but we got here with all the other Sooner fans around 5 pm on Friday night.

I literally dropped off the kids, freshened up, and went Downtown to meet some old friends from high school. I met one of my best friends who is just about as crazy as I am and a friend that I hadn't seen since 8th grade! SO long ago! I remembered just how funny and sweet he was and we met up with other friends and went and saw a band and had the best time ever! I can't wait to see the pictures that my friend, Nicole took. She is the reason that I never owned a camera growing up. ha! I never needed one with her around. :)

The next day, I watched the Texas/OU game with my dad while the kids had a blast playing and cooking with Nana. I just almost became a Texas fan because I was really into that game! Both teams played really bad but in the end the best won. I learned that Colt McCoy is a good ole' C of C boy and was recently in a friend's wedding that my parents attended. My mom said that all the men there were getting his autograph and he looked really cute in a tux. ha!

All throughout the game they were showing people eating those yummy corny dogs so I scooted up to Sonic and brought some back for lunch. I had a front row seat on the couch and a Sonic corny dog! And I was happy as a pig in slop! Speaking of.....


The HOGS!! How about coming so close that you could almost taste beating the #1 team only to lose in the end. I am so proud of the Hogs for playing with the big boys. Now, lets get that kicker practicing this week so nothing like that ever happens again!

I had to get Alan to relay the game to me on the phone because my mom planned for us to go to the Pumpkin Patch during the game. We got home just in time to see them lose. :(

Now on to the Pumpkin Patch.....

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I was so very sad to see our Hogs lose, but was so very proud of their great effort. It was such a good game! Hope you are having fun!

Unknown said...

Hook em baby!

Sorry, just couldn't help myself.

Amy said...

I really should be emailing you rather than leaving a comment on your blog, but I'm feeling a little lazy at the moment!:) My name is Amy and I came across your blog through Erika @ My Heartstrings.

FIRST, I want to say that I have been looking for someone to redesign my blog for FOREVER and I am SO stinkin disappointed that your waiting list is closed!! I've decided that I will just add you to my link list and bug you every day until you open your wait list so I can be FIRST!!:) I absolutely LOVE your designs. My blog has been sadly neglected for a few weeks and I am certain that it is because I need YOU to rejuvinate it!!:) No pressure.

SECOND, I nosed around on your family blog and quickly noticed your son is autistic. My nephew was diagnosed with autism and your story and the story of my SIL and BIL are strikingly similar. From the meningitis scare at 2 months, to the seizures, to the now very strict diet, DAN doctor...it brought tears to my eyes. IN fact, my SIL seems to know some of your blog friends, including Chelsea (Cassie's sister), and they live in the Dallas area. Heck, maybe you know them...Jason and Kimberly Schumacher.

Anywho, just wanted to give you a shout and say "hi". Every blogger needs new blogger friends!

Sorry for the novel. Just couldn't help myself. Hope you have a great day!

April said...

Colt attends the CoC I went to for years when I lived in Austin. I have heard great things about him. I didn't know you were a CoC girl. =)

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....