I am so thankful to have these shining stars in my life. When Alan and I got ready to have kids, I thought it would be a piece of cake. I wanted about 5 and I wanted them close together in age and could not wait to share my love, advice, and wisdom with them. I looked forward to fights about toys and clothes. I couldn't wait to have friends with kids the same age and getting together every weekend to visit while our kids ran and played all around us. And I especially looked forward to dressing them up in their best on Sunday and worshipping together as a family and being known at our church as strong leaders who have kids with strong moral values.
Well, needless to say, God had another plan for me. Let's see what this girl who rarely takes life seriously does with a special needs child. One who will ignore her love for the first couple of years of his life. One who will not notice siblings and can't express his feelings. One who will take 5 years to call out, "Mommy!" One who doesn't reciprocate anything back to the family and who is selfish in his own right. One who cannot communicate and shuts the whole world off.
It has been a challenge to say the least. Some weeks are definitely better than others. But the thing is- I am truly thankful for the good days! The days where we are a family and laughing together and can go out to eat without screaming and throwing a fit. The days where I feel like we can get out of the house together and go for a walk at the town lake. Those are the days I look forward to.
I sure have changed from the giggly social butterfly that I once was. But, I know that through God's love and the blessings that we have been granted, we will survive. And my Father will absolutely NOT give me more than I can handle!
1 comment:
i love those pics--they are so precious!
you are such a great mom and kylie and riley are so lucky to have you as their momma!
(btw, i'm so happy to know that we were in good company regarding the bike situation! ;)
Post a Comment