My camera picked a fine time to get blurry on us!
We are all trick-or-treated out over here. Some kids just came and rang the doorbell and the front porch light is off! Who does that?
Last night was our BIG Costume Carnival for the kids at the school. Since I am the Homeroom Mom, I had to get our booth put together, sign up volunteers, and get together a gift basket to be auctioned off at the silent auction. I had a couple of parents really step-up and help me. Some parents, I have never met or seen at one function. I think that is really sad. Kylie's teacher was wonderful and we got to help with a skee ball game. Alan and I had the last shift from 7:30-8:00. Riley stood beside me the whole time and if someone threw a ball that bounced off the game, he ran and got it. It was a great moment for Alan and I.
Yesterday after school, Kylie went with her daddy to his workplace. Every year they do LOTS of decorating the building and people go all out. I dropped her off since Riley was still sick and she and Daddy had a big time. She came home with 20 lbs of candy!
Then we went to the Costume Carnival that night. Kylie and I had a blast and saw some of her classmates. This was much better than the first carnival that we went to in September and didn't see anyone that we knew and felt so out of place. This time, we actually knew people since I had subbed at the school. I sub for this one 3rd grade class almost once a week and I loved seeing those kids and having them recognize me. I think we are starting to fit in!!
Kylie desperately wanted to go through the Haunted House. I asked her several times, "Are you sure, Kylie? I think haunted houses are SO scary!" And this is what I heard, "Yes, MOM! It's not real, you know? This is all just fake!" Okay! So we got in line to go into the Haunted House against my wishes. I hate scary things! I hate scary movies!! Isn't there enough pain in the world? Don't you get enough scary just watching the 6 o'clock news???
Anyway, we got to the first of the line and Riley's sweet teacher was there! She doesn't look too sweet in this get-up but she is truly a gem. Everyone loves her and she loves all the kids. I can't say enough nice things about her. So, she calmed us me down before we went in.
Once we were in that haunted house, oh my- is all I can say! It was so dark and scary!! We had teenage girls behind us laughing at how "stoopid" it was! There were people popping out at us and we couldn't see in front of our face. At one point, some young kid kept scaring us and saying, "There is no way out!" and we seriously couldn't find the way out! I think I heard Kylie wimper and I yelled at him, "THERE IS A SCARED LITTLE GIRL LET US OUT!!" He didn't budge and I started to yell at him again and he finally let us out! The guy behind me was laughing with me and I finally told him that it was more me that was scared than Kylie. He said, "I could hear it in your voice!"
After we got out of there, I learned that Kylie was scared and was crying a little. She also said that she was NEVER going into a haunted house again!! I told Alan that in a couple of years, that would be her and her friends talking about how "stoopid" they are! ha! I can't wait for that!
Tonight, Alan took Kylie to our friend's house to trick or treat and to their neighborhood. Now we are all at home and watching the Hogs whoop up on E. Michigan. Fun times!!
3 comments:
So cute! I hate haunted houses and horror movies and all things like that too!
I am with you on the haunted house and scarey things. Shoot I am scared of my own shadow! I don't even stay at my own house alone. I will never forget being forced to go through a haunted house with my older brother. I think that was the damage lol! It sounds like you guys had a great Halloween!
I love the costumes but the Haunted House story was my favorite! I was just imagining you yelling at some kid and laughing. Kylie is braver than Kaylee because there is no way I would get her in one of those. Love you and glad you made it out;-)
Post a Comment