
I can't tell you how much Alan and I NEED this vacay!! It's been a hard semester with all the things we have had going on lately. After the funeral on Saturday, Alan got worse and started running fever that just broke today. Kylie got the sickness and her fever is still on and off as of this morning. I have class today so Alan is going to come home from work and let me go for an hour during his lunch break. I can only miss so much, plus- I really need that lecture so I will know how to do something that I have been wondering about for months!
I already feel so behind and I hate that there is not enough time in the day to do homework, blog design, be in charge of our class at the school carnival this Friday, take care of the sick and needy in my household, and cook and clean. Whew!! And why have I been up since 5 am?
I just may be about to lose it so the vacation better come quickly and without any drama! Good thing I had my mama to call up tonight and whine to. She always makes me feel better. Cause that's what mom's do!
Oh yeah, and on top of all the drama, when I picked up Riley this afternoon, I had to hear from an aide about how rough his day was. She really wasn't sugar-coating anything and came off a bit discourteous! This is someone that I have had a good relationship in the past and has always treated me with respect and loves both of my kids. It was almost like she just couldn't take his behavior one second longer- I'm not even kidding!
Here is a little note for her regarding Riley and the way she handled the situation today:
(don't worry- she doesn't read my blog so I can be as sarcastic as I wanna be!)
Dear Ms. Beep-
I am so sorry that my son hit, kicked, screamed and threw things today. I don't know if you know this, but he has this thing called Autism. He has good days and bad days. The last two weeks that we were on fall break were very good. He communicated more than ever to me and we rarely saw a day where he was screaming, hitting, and not communicating his needs. He was very loving and I enjoyed every second with him. I am so proud of him and I feel like we are making great strides toward "normalcy."
So, you can imagine my heartbreak when you rush him out to my car, and in a loud tone exclaim, "You are not going to be happy with your son!" You then proceeded to list all the things that he did while under your care.
Well, let me tell you something! However he acted for you today, I have lived with for the past 4 years. I live with him through the good and bad. Sometimes when it gets really bad, I would love to get to hand him over to someone and abruptly tell them what he has done. But, I can't do that. Be glad that you can! Unless you know someone who lives with a child with Autism, you have NO idea about the emotional pain that we go through daily!
And by the way, if your job is that bad and you have no more compassion left for special needs kids who obviously require loads of patience, hand it over to someone who is ready for a challenge and doesn't take it out on the parent! Special needs kids' parents could really use some extra kindness!! Don't pity me, just think about what you are saying before you say it to me next time! Or I just may pull this letter out of my pocket and GO OFF on you!
-Riley's Mom
Now that I have that off my chest, I can honestly say that the next time I see her, I believe she will apologize. One, because I called Riley's teacher and told her about it. And, two, because I really believe that she probably just had a bad day. Lucky for her, I don't hold grudges! :)
6 comments:
ugh....sorry about the aide's behavior. regardless of how bad he might have been behaving, that was definitely not appropriate! i know how you feel, though, we've gone through the same thing with korley's teacher.
i hope you have a fantastic vaca--you deserve it!!
Just keep thinking your vacation is around the corner!! I wish I was going somewhere, cause mama could use a break too! lol :-)
So sorry you've been through the ringer the last couple weeks! Cancun is definately some good medicine for a tired, worn-out, overworked and underpaid Momma!! Hope your week turns around!;)
I am so glad you are getting a vacation, you DESERVE it!
Good Grief, Good Grief! First gg is for all of the stuff you have going on. Sounds like you are burning the candle at both ends!
Second good grief is for the aide. So unnecessary.
Keep thinking about your vacation!
wow! sorry about her behavior! I don't know what i would have done! your children are precious and your vacation spot is glorious!!! I hope you have a very amazing and relaxing time! Stop by!
Post a Comment