1.17.2010

Golden Globes Best Dressed and Disappointed List

Kylie and I watched the Golden Globes tonight and even voted online for our favorite looks. We had so much fun! I have to say that I was really disappointed in a lot of the looks. Maybe it was the rain. I know that I would have looked like a drowned rat when I finally made it into that awards room. Nevertheless, some people need a new stylist. Let's get right down to it.


Not only is Sandra Bullock one of my faves, she looked stunning in this Bottega Veneta purple gown! I love her, love her, love her. I just watched While You Were Sleeping with Kylie last weekend. It's seriously one of my favorite movies in all the world. She's just so normal and stunning at the same time.



The next gown that I really liked was one that January Jones wore. It looked beautiful on her and I loved the simplicity of the basic black with a ribbon in her hair and around the waist. By the way, look at that teeny waist. Um, wow!



Call me crazy but I was really drawn to this layered ruffle burgandy Louis Vuitton gown. I think it just works on her because she has the body for it. I think if it had stopped at her upper thigh and was just sleek all the way down to the floor, I would have loved it. It was maybe a little too much on the bottom.



Now for all the crazies. For the record, these women are usually on my best dressed list. I have no idea what happened tonight. Blame it on the rain.....yeah, yeah.



What in THE world was Julia Roberts thinking? I would have worn this ensemble to church or out to eat- not the Golden Globes, for cryin' out loud. And she announced the most important category, too. One has to wonder- Is she really even trying anymore? Can we expect to see her in mom jeans next week?

Oh, Heidi! Not only were you a little snippy with Ryan Seacrest but you didn't look great at all. I don't love this look. You look better each week on Project Runway. I still think you are beautiful and stylish, though. I am sure that you care what I think, too.



I just don't have any more words left for Mariah Carey. I haven't seen her look good and in something that fits in ten years. So not Precious. :(



Best New Makeover
I am giving the award for the best new makeover to Christina Aguilera. I thought she looked better than I have ever seen her look- ever!



And, that was my pitiful little best and worst dressed look list. I can't wait to see Joan Rivers rip everyone to pieces on E tomorrow night.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your GG Red Carpet recap. I just love While you Were Sleeping. I could watch it over and over!

Maggi said...

I thought there were a ton of missteps last night. Yuck! lol Christina did look lovely.

courtney said...

i agree with most all of your picks! mariah, we get it, you have boobs! now put them away!

Kara said...

I was kind of liking that LV dress too. I kept going back and forth on Sandras BV dress. Sometimes I loved it, sometimes not. Haven't made up my mind. Can't wait to see Joan (glad she's back on E).

Kelsey Claire said...

I agree with you on Hedi. She just didn't look great. I think she needed a better hair do and makeup! I also know Julia Roberts is this Hollywood icon but you still need to keep up your appearance lady!

The Wallace Family said...

I am with you on Mariah Carey. I haven't seen her look good in a LONG long time! Christina looked beautiful. Didn't even recognize her at first! Loved your post:)

Unknown said...

those boobs look they are going to jump out and attack the next person to walk by! I certainly hope her momma wasn't watching.

Socially Savvy said...

You nailed it! My thoughts exactly on each dress pictured. Also, could not believe all the "Stars" with elbows propped on the tables and even many who clapped for themselves when their nominations was announced.
If they are going to be "superstars" they must know at least the basics!

The Anglin Family said...

Mariah.....is a little Scarey. Wow. I do not get why she does not put clothes on....

Amy said...

I totally agree with your Sandra Bullock pic! LOVE HER! Have you seen The Blindside yet? It is fantastic and I think one of her best rolls ever!

and...O, MY, WORD. Mariah. I am speechless. Which rarely happens!!;)

Super fun post!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....