1.26.2010

Where Have You Been?

Yes- it has been a while since I posted. I have been super busy over HERE and me and the kids have been finding things to keep us occupied as well. So, here we go:

Kylie
Kylie and I went to a birthday party for one of her friends a couple of weeks ago. I was parking the car and I saw my sweet little friend, Michael Ann in the parking lot. I am always so amazed when I see someone I know here. After living in Dallas all my life (where I believe all the friendly girls my age reside) I know NO ONE when we get out and do things. I have met a group of awesome girls who I will blog about at another time!

So, we went to the really nice Bowling place where Kylie had a great time at Raegan's party! The ball was really too heavy for her but she had so much fun with the girls. There was dancing and giggling and eating. Three fun things that make up a party for 2nd graders. Some of the more aggressive girls started dancing and Kylie watched them with big eyes. Then Raegan's dad told Kylie that he would dance if he would and she got up and surprised us all. We can't wait to go back to the bowling alley!


Here is a wow moment. Kylie is in the white shirt with the braids. Reagan is in front of her and another 2nd grader is behind her. The girl in front of Raegan is in Kylie's class at school! With the same name! LOOK how tall! It's so crazy!

Riley
Riles is something else. One Saturday morning he woke me up at the crack of dawn and wanted me to come see something in his room. This is what I saw:



You think he wanted orange rolls for breakfast? He is getting so good with his drawing skills. He is definitely taking after his sister in that department.

Another cute picture:

I think his handwriting is getting so good!

Funny little story. My mom bought this juice glass set for a friend of mine who was getting married. Well, they sat (wrapped) in a closet for a while and she finally asked me if I wanted them. Of course I wanted them for the kids- they were cute! I don't feel bad now because my friend got divorced. So, I am glad that I scooped these puppies up! Riley loves them and when he asks for juice, he always asks for a different one.


His favorite is the cherry glass. Mine too!


I guess he liked the orange glass this day.

And finally, the other morning before school, he showed me this picture:






It DID make me smile. I taught him how to write 'smile' and also taught him the song, "Smile- though your heart is breaking..."  You should hear him sing it! It's so precious!!

Last but not least, every time I take a picture, Riley wants to get in it and say "cheese" and then grabs the camera to see how it turned out. LOVE him!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading your latest blog soooooo much!!! Kylie is too cute in braids and Riley is the Toothless Wonder. I think he’s proud of that missing tooth in his mouth cause he’s smiling even bigger than usual.

Went over and looked at your slide show at Sweet Cheeky Designs today. Have I told you lately how proud I am of you?????? And for at least 1,000 reasons.

Love,
Mom

Kara said...

First, that poor tall girl. Bless her heart! She is on track to be 8 feet tall! Or seriously, I have an girl cousin who is 6 foot 2inches tall. I'm 5 ft. 7in and one of the shortest in my family, so she should just come to Thanksgiving at my family's house. She'd fit in!

Love Love Love Riley's drawing of orange rolls. I wish I could draw what I want for breakfast and have someone make it!

courtney said...

i'm so proud of riley! he's doing amazingly well! i'm so impressed!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....