I was so excited to watch AI last night. I definitely already have favorites and there are some that I really want to like as well. I have to say that I was not in sync with the judges, though. I am wondering if the judges will watch it back and hear some of what I heard- probably not! ha! I do think that nerves got to a lot of the contestants. Imagine having to sing to over 30 million people live!!
Let me just say that Crystal Bowersox is incredible!! I mean, who can sing Alanis Morisette, play the guitar, and blow in a harmonica like that? Lots of people on the street, Simon? I disagree with you there- BIG TIME! I just know that she is gonna sing an Indigo Girls song before the season is over and I am going to be up on my feet singing and dancing right along with her. I just love her originality and the fact that she is talented and doing this for her family and her sweet little boy. I am a fan, Crystal!!
I also really like Janelle Wheeler who sang American Boy with a guitar during Hollywood week. I think she has a great voice and I love acoustic performances. She sang "What About Love" by Heart last night and missed the mark. Hoping for a better performance next time.
I am a big fan of Didi Benami who sang "The Way I Am" and think that she has an awesome voice. Unfortunately, the judges were in a bad mood when her time to sing came around and she did not get the praise she deserved!! I really liked her performance! She sang that Kara Dioguari song at Hollywood week and I would totally buy that on itunes if it were available.
I disagreed with the judges on a few:
Katelyn Epperly- I thought she did a great job with "Oh Darlin'" I didn't hear any off-notes. She deserved more praise and not criticism regarding her makeover.
Katie Stevens- the 17 year old who sang "It's a New Day." I knew Simon was going to tell her she looked too old but Ellen beat him to the punch. Who cares? She sounded amazing!
Haeley Vaughn- the black country gal who sang "I Want to Hold Your Hand." I was really wondering why she made it through because I believed that she screams every song she sings. Last night she surprised me with her range and I saw some promise in her. I kinda liked it but the judges totally blasted her!
The rest were a little unforgettable except for Lilly- the white-haired girl who did pretty good but didn't blow me away. I don't know- maybe I was mentally giving her a makeover while she was singing and that girl that the judges just LOVED who bored me to tears with "Wicked Games." I guess she's a'right.
Who should go home?
I am going to predict that the first girl- Paige Miles who sang "All Right Now"- I didn't love it at all!
And poor little Lacey Brown who sang "Landslide"- PAINFUL!
So, I am really looking forward to hearing the guys sing tonight. I think the guys are going to be a lot weaker but may have a better night. I seriously don't know why they picked some of the guys that they did but am anxious to find out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...



5 comments:
Hated
Them
All
did you notice they finally got that one girl to brush her teeth? yeah, American Idol!
I too thought Crystal was amazing. The girl is talented, that's for sure!!
I, too, am a fan of Jannelle...mostly b/c of that performace of American Boy. I would love to buy that on itunes, but I had to settle for the original. I was sad that she didn't do better last night.
I don't have a strong opinion on Lacey, but I do think she seems like a super sweet girl (who wears more eye makeup than Tammy Faye) and I was sorry that she was so, so, so bad last night. I think she's going to be crushed when she hears her performance.
Katelyn is cute as a bug (maybe I'm just partial to curly hair) and Didi sings beautifully but she always seems on the verge of a breakdown...and not just the tears, she seems very fragile. I hope she can find the strength to get through this!
I love AI...I'm so glad we're in full swing!
I can't decide who I like either! So far Im hoping the boys are better tonight- although I was wanting it to be a girl winner this year! We will see how it goes tonight!!!! Good post!
I'm glad for this recap. I totally missed out last night, but I have loved the waitress from the beginning.
Post a Comment