2.07.2010
I see you!
Okay, let's talk about this Avatar business. I saw the preview during New Moon and I have to admit that I was a little intrigued. Not intrigued enough to stand in long lines and spend most of my day in the movie theatre, though.
But today, my parents kept the kids while Alan and I had a date day. We went to see the 3:15 showing of Avatar at a 3-D theater. I'm not really the fantasy type but I knew Alan would love it and it looked interesting. Plus, the whole world has been raving about it!
I have to tell you- I. loved. it! Very much! It was so awesome and didn't seem like over 2 and a half hours at all! It was such a good movie that I wouldn't mind seeing it again. Alan and I have been talking about it all night. I encourage everyone to see it in 3-D with the glasses. I don't think that you will be disappointed. This is coming from a girl who would rather see a romantic comedy than an Oscar nominated film any day. ha!
After the movie, we decided to go to our favorite Japanese restaurant since we were back in this neck of the woods. We were not disappointed. It's not Japan, but it is the closet thing that we have found. People always ask me how I eat raw fish. I hate any fishy taste- I am not fond of catfish- but there are two things that I will eat when we go to eat sushi. Spicy tuna rolls and tuna sashimi. The spicy tuna rolls are spicy and have a little crunch to them. The tuna sashimi dipped into wasabi sauce is so good! Once you have it and you like it- you crave it. Alan and I craved it so much when we first discovered it before we went to Japan. The only bad part- it's more expensive than your token mexican food joint. Therefore, we try to only eat it on special occasions.
Then we came back to my parent's house and met up with the kids. Mom and Dad took the kids to church to help fold the bulletin for tomorrow and then went to eat with their preacher and his family. They have two girls and Mom said that Kylie and the girls had a blast together!
To round out the night, Alan and I played Scrabble with my dad while Kylie and my mom read a book. My dad beat the pants off of us by like 100 points. We made a mental note to never do that again! ha!
Tomorrow is church, cooking, and a big Super Bowl partay!! It is sure to be loads of fun! Since I am a big fan of the underdog- I am hoping that the Saints pull out a victory! Go Saints!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...


1 comment:
I may have to break down and see Avatar. I know everyone says it is wonderful, but in my mind I have convinced myself that it is like watching a video game. I'm weird like that
Post a Comment