2.11.2010

New York Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week kicks off today at Bryant Park and I am wondering which Project Runway contestants are vying for the title. This is also the last year that designers will show in the tents at Bryant Park. Next year, they will be at the Lincoln Center. Not that it affects me, I have never been to a show there in my life. I hear that you can see the shows online via a live stream. What on earth would we do without technology?

Here are some of the designers that I would love to see:
(Images from People)

Marchesa
I love Marchesa designs. One half of the design team, Georgina, was on Project Runway last week. I just adore the femininity of the dresses and how wow they are. Too bad I will probably never get to wear one. :(


Donna Karan
Classy, classy, classy!


Carolina Herrera
I think of Jacqueline Kennedy every time I hear her name. She kept her well dressed!


Oscar de la Renta
Just because he's a legend.


Vera Wang
I love the way this dress flows. She doesn't only make wedding dresses anymore!



Christian Siriano
He's still fierce! I question why he let that chesty actress wear his design to the Globes, but whatever! I still heart him!



Jason Wu
He became big news after Michelle Obama wore his gorgeous gown to the Inaugural Ball. I see great things in his future.

And just for kicks and giggles:

Betsey Johnson
She's a freak but I love her spunk! I have seen her on America's Next Top Model and apparently all of the models adore her. She's got some way out there designs.


While I was researching for this post, I found this awesome site!! It's called Film Fashion Found and  has kept me really busy today! If you ever wondered where someone in a movie or tv got their outfit or accessories, this site tells you where! My favorite is the Sex and The City page!

3 comments:

Kara said...

I'd have to hit up Valentino for sure

Erica said...

You are so hip, I want to be like you when I grow up;-)

Samantha said...

For real, you are awesome in the fashion department.

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....