4.15.2009

Songs in Movies

While waiting in the car pool line for my kids at their school, I started thinking about American Idol last night and songs from movies. This is seriously what I do with my time? Yes it is! 

So, I've seen a lot of movies in my day-most of them romantic comedies but that is way beside the point. I happen to think in my expert opinion that a song can make or break how much I love a movie or scene in a movie. I have compiled a list on top of a Taco Bell napkin in the car of songs in movies that come to mind that really made a statement or gave me a "moment", if you will.

10. Forever Young by Rod Stewart in "Chances Are" (LOVE that movie!!)

9.  At Last by Etta James in "The Other Sister"

8.  What if you by Joshua Radkin in "Catch and Release"

7.  When You Love Someone by Bryan Adams in "Hope Floats"

6.  Ever, Ever After by Carrie Underwood in "Enchanted"

5.  Melt With You by Modern English in "Valley Girl"

4.  Only You by Yaz in the finale of the UK "The Office" (had to include it!!)

3.  Stop Crying Your Heart Out by Oasis in "Made of Honor"

2.  Here With Me by Dido in "Love Actually"

1. Tiny Dancer by Elton John in "Almost Famous" (Alan and I listened to this at 6am on the way to the hospital on the day that Kylie was born! Hence #1!!)


I didn't say that this list would make Rolling Stone but it's MY list and just as sure as I am that I left a really great song off of the list, I can edit it anytime I want. 

How is that for randomness today? I'm getting back to work now....



1 comment:

courtney said...

i LOVE the hope floats soundtrack!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....