4.13.2009

Easter

We had a great Easter this year. This is the first Easter that I haven't spent with my family, going to church, over to my parent's house for a huge meal, having an Easter egg hunt with everyone.......good times! Especially when Nikki would send Kim out there to get all the money eggs before anyone else could. ha!!

So we opted to go to Little Rock to see Alan's family. We love that trip! The scenery is beautiful and when we get there it's like a mini-vacation. Right when we arrived, Keith took us to Whole Foods to get some MUCH NEEDED Riley food. We were out of everything. There is no Whole Foods here and that pretty much bites. They have a Natural Foods Market but Whole Foods carry the chicken that Riley loves so much. And, NO!, I can't make it like other cool GFCF moms can! 

Now we have chicken and we can stop the routine of Riley jumping in the car after school and saying, "GO McDonalds.......chicken nuggets, hamburger, and french fries!" That was getting a little expensive- not to mention that it's not on "the diet." Which I have to clarify something: Riley does really well when he hasn't had dyes, sugar, or casein (milk products). The glutein really doesn't affect him weird. I dunno know.


She really is happy! Just not so happy with a camera stuck in her face! ha!

So after we stocked up on loot at Whole Foods, we went back and cooked steaks on the grill. They were so yummy! Then we dyed Easter Eggs and the kids had a blast. Kylie was chomping at the bit to color Easter Eggs. This is one of her favorite things to do by far! Riley even got into the action a little bit. Alan always has a good time dying the eggs as well. I usually hang back and let him take the reigns on this one. 




Easter morning the kids woke up super early and Kylie looked all over the house for Easter goodies just for her! I heard that she went to PeePaw and said, "I guess I didn't get anything!" To which he replied, "Well, did you look everywhere?" She was gone and came back and told him, "I got some stuff!" She was so afraid of getting in trouble that I think she asked Alan if she could open her stuff. Poor, timid Kylie. Sometimes I really worry about her.

Here are the kids' Easter baskets from '03 or '04. Yes, I really don't care about being trendy at Easter time. These are from Pottery Barn Kids a long time ago and I just don't feel like replacing them. Anyway, Kylie got the coolest Barbie and bicycle that you ever did see. She also got some prom date HSM dolls but let me know that Alan had gotten them for her already at one of their Saturday trips to Walmart. That's when I told her that Mommy had gotten that present as an extra gift and not the Easter Bunny. That's when she replied while laughing, "No Mom, it's from the Easter Bunny just like all the rest of the stuff!" Good thing she never pays too much attention to stuff. Otherwise she might get her bubble bursted on the playground at school one of these days.

Riley got some dinosaurs and a big horse that Kylie latched onto. Make a big note that Riley got NO candy and Kylie has to be very discreet while eating hers or it gets taken up. She is doing a great job with that.

Kylie and I read two books on The Resurrection and she had many questions. We had a mini Sunday school lesson which I loved and then we made our Resurrection Rolls which were yummy and a lesson to be learned. Not long after that, the power was knocked out from the storm and it rained like crazy! 

We had a wonderful visit and drove home through constant rain and stormy weather but were thankful to be back home safe and sound.

No comments:

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....