Let's talk about the cast:
Allison
I still like her. She has a rock powerful voice that does remind me of Kelly Clarkson. Simon and I agree on several things! I do feel that she is the only hope for the women but let's face it- there's gonna be a man winning this year. Plus her outfits are atrocious! I just don't see her personality really shining and I don't think the fans dig her. She's a great singer- yes, but doesn't have the X Factor working for her.
Anoop
This guy can ONLY sing love songs. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I love his shy little look and I think he would be fun to have over for dinner and karaoke but as far as MY next American Idol- I don't think it's in the cards for Anoop.
Adam
Clearly a star in the making, this one. He's got that look that some girls and guys like and is always mixing it up each week. He seriously puts himself out there and puts on the performance that many people would never do even in their own house. He has not had a bad performance week (singing wise) just a bad arrangement of Ring of Fire of which the majority of his people liked. He is my pick for American Idol but not the one that I would have a cd of in my car. Okay, it would have to be really good and non-gender specific with no tacky words or references.
Matt
Sigh. I just don't even know what to say about this one. Not a favorite of mine but he does have some moments. Unfortunately there has not been one song of his where he hasn't been pitchy or make me wince in pain. I am not talking about the song that he practiced one million times to get to Hollywood, either. I can honestly say that he just doesn't float my boat. Hat or no hat.
Danny
Oh, Danny, Danny, Danny. Where do I begin. You won me over with your sad story and your charitable heart. But I just don't get it. He's a good singer but does anyone feel like he just doesn't try anymore? I think the advice that he gets each week just goes in one ear and out the other. Remember how he totally blew off Smokey's advice? And then last night when Quentin told him to put his hands in his pockets and belt it out- was he just saying to do that at the rehearsal or on the show- because I saw his hands flying everywhere. He's got lots of fans but if he wants to be the next AI he had better really bring it. And not with some copy-cat song. Good luck Dan!
Kris
I heart Kris!! He just makes me smile and I love listening to him. This is the cd that I would be playing in my car or listening to on my ipod. I am crossing my fingers for him to stay til the end. I am letting you know that Kris is my absolute favorite! I just wish I could erase that week where he sang that 80's song with that group huddled around him. Okay, forgotten!!
Lil Rounds
Lil- you are a sweet girl and I totally get your gospel vibe that you were throwing out last night. But, I haven't liked any songs that you have performed except for the Mary J Blige song........and that was the first week! I love your hair longer and I think you look amazing....uh oh- you know when we talk about your appearance that your songs really stink. Remember Megan Joy?
So that was my personal opinion of all the Idol survivors for this week. Thank goodness we didn't have to hear FOUR opinions last night! Can I get an Amen? And how about those one-liners that Paula was throwing out there? You KNOW that she memorized them and just doled them out to whoever she thought they fit! HA! Poor Paula. Actually, she always has a good 15 minutes and then it just goes down from there. Good thing they brought in some competition with Kara to straighten her up a little bit.
I'm leaving you (all 5 of you) with a look-back at Kelly Clarkson's performances on the first year of AI. She seriously rocked it EVERY stinkin' week. I remember when I first knew she was great. She sang "Natural Woman" and Alan and I got chills watching it. Then she showed her cute little personality with Simon and we knew we had a winner!
Comic relief- watch the last seconds where Kelly is so emotional after being crowed AI that she is too choked up to sing. Luckily, Nikki Mckibbin grabs the mic and you get to hear her off-key cat-calling try and finish the song for her. Too funny!
5 comments:
Traci, I love your take on the Idols. For the most part, you have them pegged pretty well. Except for Anoop-Dog. I would add to your list that he and his preppy friends are a definite turn-off. I liked him at the very beginning until I got a glimpse of his cocky personality. We don’t need any Highland Park-like preppies on Idol.
I read every word of your post even though I don't watch AI and have no idea who these people are! :)
I really don't like Anoop, and have no real reason. I just don't.
Traci,
First, I love you background paper, so pretty.
Second, I agree with your recap, Kris is my favorite, I think it says a lot when we say "I will buy his music". I also think he is the most consistent contestant.
And Third, I didn't start watching A.I. until Carry Underwood's year so I really had no idea Kelly Clarkson was so good. Alison Iraheta is no Kelly Clarkson, period.
Thank you for the video, after watching I feel Alison needs to go home, too. Anoop needs to go home soon, Lil needs to go home sooner, and Matt will probably go home tonight. However I wish Lil would go home tonight because I don't think she has had a good performance in five weeks. I really don't, Matt has I think, so he should stay.
But that's just me.
Post a Comment