A couple of things I learned last night:
- Janelle also gives the singing lessons up at the school and Kylie is all for that! I would love to see her sing next year as well as play. There were two older girls who sang.
- The owner of the school found Janelle on Craig's List. He told me that he was leery at first but once he met her and saw her credentials, he gave her a shot. He said her drop-out rate is almost non- existent. She graduated with a music degree and is getting married in California next week! I had no idea at all. Students were giving her gifts for Christmas and her wedding and I felt like a schmuck! Where was my friend, Erica on that one? You would think that either my mom or Erica would have trained me by now! ha! I see a regift after Christmas. shhh!
- I was sitting in the waiting room with Riley towards the end. His sugar rush had kicked in from the candy that I had bribed him with and we didn't want him to ruin someone's performance. A mother grabbed the owner and wanted to know why Janelle was the only one who did Christmas recitals? She wanted her son switched immediately and he had to tell her that Janelle was full and had a waiting list. Not a very happy Momma to say the least. We better not screw this one up! :)
After the recital, we took the kids to Braums for ice cream. We told Kylie she could have anything she wanted and she got.........
Orange Sherbet!
Who gets orange sherbet in the winter? MY kids! Riley wanted one too. We figured with the sugar and red dye, casein was not gonna make Riley any worse. I feel sorry for his teachers today. And his horse. I have a positive post coming on Riley soon! He's doing so great we may just be able to start taking him to church. Praise the Lord!!
6 comments:
Awww! Yay Kylie and yay Riley!!! What a great post...my mom used to put those sponge rollers in my hair too. Oh the memories!
Yay, Kylie! I love that she's playing piano! Do y'all have a piano at home, too, or does she practice on a keyboard?
I took piano lessons for 8 years when I was growing up. I wish I had kept up with it (doesn't everyone say that?!).
We STILL use sponge rollers for the girls' hair. Love them!
We have a piano sitting in our family room and not a single person in our house plays. So sad. I could never get rid of it, it was my great grandmother's piano and my youngest was born on her 103rd birthday. I should make one of my kids take lessons just so my piano gets some love.
Courtney- she got a keyboard from her grandparents last year. We will see if she keeps it up before we shop for a grand piano! :)
I love the pictures! Tell Alan to get that video up on the blog so I can hear it too. I love that precious face and those sponge rollers brought back many memories.Give her a big hug and "great job" from us. Maybe next time we get together the girls can play us a duet.
I can't wait to read the post about Riley!
Post a Comment