12.12.2009

Rachael Ray....right in front of me!!


So, Alan took me to the Saturday morning meeting and we knew that Tim McGraw was going to be there and a special cooking personality as well. I remembered that Paula Deen had already been there recently and that Rachael Ray had a new book coming out. Then Alan heard through the grapevine that she was coming to our town for a book signing. So, I was camera ready- just in case!!

I thought it was a little funny that security was watching our row like a hawk during the meeting. I guess I just thought that he was looking at someone who looked suspicious. All of a sudden....5 SEATS DOWN FROM ME.....Rachael Ray pops up and I am stunned! I guess they shuffled her in during a video and I was none the wiser. Instead of getting out my camera, I froze and just stared at her. She was SO tiny and cute! By the time I gained my composure, the guy that was talking to her in a big chef hat was in my camera view so I got no close-ups of her.

There she is walking away from OUR row!!


Talking about her Yum-O Project

With other Food Network people- The Neeleys!

We took about a million pictures of her on stage but my dumb camera is so finicky! Alan mentioned that he should have brought the longer lens. Duh! You think, Alan? You think?

We also saw Tim McGraw. He's just so handsome and charming. He talked about The Blind Side and sang two songs. Southern Voice off of his new album and the other was a really touching Christmas song. I swear, he got choked up singing it.


So then I planned to go to Border's to Rachael Ray's book signing at 1pm. Nancy, Kylie and I walked into borders at 11:45 and the line was snaked around the store. I walked up to the first people in line and asked them what time they got there. 5 AM, PEOPLE!! So, we went decided NO and went to the children's section.

We were looking at some books for Kylie when all of a sudden my AWESOME mother in law, Nancy looks at me and says, "You better get your camera out" and motions at the emergency exit that we were standing right next to. She noticed some security and shuffling around near the door. RIGHT BESIDE US...with no other people around. I looked at her and said, "She's not supposed to be here for another hour." But something in my gut said, "LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW!!"

I got out my camera and there I was- face to face with the famous Rachael Ray herself! I snapped that picture in her face and didn't think twice about her feelings. Then I looked at Kylie and Kylie's mouth was hanging open. Funny! RR smiled at us and asked her crew, "I guess we're coming early, huh?" Then they took her to an elevator and wisked her upstairs to the coffee bar and into a room. Someone in the line yelled, "Hey Rachael!" so then everyone knew that she was there.

So, we went and had an awesome lunch and were proud of the fact that we didn't have to stand in that line! I'm pretty sure if I stood in that line forever I would have an autograph and a picture with me and RR and you know what? It would be blurry and I would be mad!! I wouldn't have today any other way! Darn camera!! :)

8 comments:

Jen said...

OOOOOHHHHH! How cool!

Maggi said...

That is so awesome!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! That is so neat. Now I know why the gym and Wal-Mart weren't crowded when I was out and about yesterday --- everyone was waiting to see Rachael!

Unknown said...

I'm a food network junkie, so that would have been right up my alley. You said she was tiny, but I always get the impression that she's a little chunky. If she is tiny and comes across as chubby, then I would totally look like a cow on tv. It's a good thing we didn't do that reality tv show after all.

The Wallace Family said...

I think Rachel Ray is adorable! But, even more I am IN LOVE with Tim Mcgraw and have been forever! YEsterday I got his book My Little Girl for Chris and Kendall! It's so cute. It's about spending the day with his little girl and the girl being so excited! Love your pictures!

courtney said...

what a fun day! i love both RR and TM! don't you love celebrity sightings?!?

Amy said...

HOW FUN!! I have never in my life even been close to anyone famous!!:)

Mandy said...

That's AWESOME, Traci!!! I LOVE Tim McGraw and Racheal Ray!!! I didn't realize your hubby worked for WM...me too :)

Mandy

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....