The snow storm is going to hit about the same time that we leave town. We're so excited about spending Christmas with Alan's family this year. We are also supposed to get snow next week- right around the time we leave for Texas. We just hope we don't get stuck here!
Last night, we ventured out into our town to do some last minute Christmas shopping. We ate at Abuelo's first and had a really nice meal. Then we went to the Promenade and saw Santa Claus. There was no line- can you believe that? Kylie and I walked right up to him and he motioned for Kylie to come see him. We were waiting on Alan and Riley to get inside but I told her to go visit Santa by herself and here is the shocking part........
They let me use my own camera to capture a picture!! I didn't have to pay $21.99 for their picture! Sweet bliss! I think that Kylie's picture with Santa turned out pretty good.
Then Riley spotted us and ran right up to Santa like he was his grandpa or something. He sat in his lap and was jabbering away. He is really excited about Christmas this year. We love that!
So, I got an early Christmas present this year. I had a minor surgery on Monday for skin cancer on my forehead. I had a place that I thought was a pimple so I kept picking it off for about a year. It kept coming back so my doctor froze it off. It still came back so almost a year after she froze it off, Kylie looked at my head, pointed at it and said, "When you go to the doctor tomorrow, have her look at THAT!"
So, I had her look at it and she cut it out and had it biopsied. Luckily, it was around Halloween so I didn't look too scary with 5 stitches in my head.
Fast forward to Monday when I went to the dermatologist and she cut a HUGE hunk out of my head. I have 4 deep stitches which will disintegrate and 8 stitches on my head. It was definitely bigger than she thought and there is no band-aid big enough to cover it!!
The good news is that she called yesterday and it looks like she got it all out! So, I am skin-cancer FREE! I still have to get it checked every two years but hopefully the scar will heal up nicely and there will be no more THAT on my forehead. Here's a picture just to gross you out on Christmas! Merry Christmas!!
5 comments:
I am glad that you are now skin cancer free! Your face looks like it hurts though! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Traci, your poor head!! I know that must hurt! We actually live in North Carolina and I'm a Pharmacy Manager at our local Wal-Mart. I love it!! Ella tells everybody that her Mommy is a "drug dealer"...I'm going to beat her Daddy!! Hopefully one day I'll make it out to the big Wal-Mart home office!!! :)
What a great Christmas blessing! When you are in Texas, if you are near Austin, look me up, I can take you out for a coffee or margarita if you are so inclined!
Merry Christmas
My mom has had some skin cancer spots on the left side of her head too... Her doctor says it's from driving in the car :-/ glad you got it taken care of! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
LOVE their Christmas pictures. So, I didn't know that sometimes they don't let you use your own camera to take a picture! What a rip off lol. I hope our mall will let us use our own next year! I am glad to hear that the doctor got all of the skin cancer off. Way to go Kylie for telling you to have it looked at! Hope you guys had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment