12.22.2009

happy holidays!


I hope everyone who stops by has a wonderful holiday season! I currently have 12 stitches in my head and haven't wrapped a single present! ha! I am going to be busy today and tomorrow and then we will spend Christmas with Alan's family. We always have so much fun with them!

This year, my mom took it upon herself to help out a family in need. She's got the kindest heart in the world. Mom works in the office at church and has the opportunity to help out people all through the year with the food pantry and the clothes closet. One family in particular caught her eye. A grandmother and her 3 grandkids. The grandmother suffered a stroke and can't work. She is taking care of her 3 grandchildren and doesn't have a car or much money. Their church helps them get around but my mom really wanted to make their Christmas special so our whole family has chipped in to help out with some fun things for the kids. Kylie got to meet the kids over Thanksgiving so she helped me pick out some things for them and I sent them last week. They are taking everything to their house on Christmas Eve and I am really going to miss being with my family and seeing the kids' sweet faces when they get everything. It really is SO much more fun to give than to receive. :)

9 comments:

courtney said...

12 stitches?!? what happened?

i hope the grandma and kids have a wonderful christmas. sounds like they're going to! ;)

Kara said...

Ummm...yeah, what's with the stitches? surely you didn't think that was going to slip by us!

Traci said...

I thought I covered that! Aren't you 2 facebook friends? lol

I had skin cancer on the right side of my forehead and the dr went in and dug it out yesterday. I look like Frankenstein!! My head really hurts today. :(

Maggi said...

Goodness, sorry you had to go through all that, I hope it heals quickly!

Brooke said...

Great picture! Merry Christmas!

Ashley said...

GREAT picture! Merry Christmas to you sweetie! ;)

Jamie Kubeczka said...

What a great Christmas picture, I love your card!

Michael Ann said...

That's so great of your family Trace! I love that. It really is so much fun to give to others, especially those in need.

I'm sorry about your head! I didn't know you already got the procedure done. Did they get it all? Have fun over Christmas. Love you!

Mandy said...

Merry Christmas, Traci and Family!!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....