5.03.2009

I Found My Bicycle!!

It was a great start to the weekend. We have a contract pending on our house that's been for sale ever since we left the great state of Texas and then my friend, Alison took me to the craft fair in Springdale. Can I say "Little Canton" cause it SO was but without that silly drive! 

I found my garden bicycle that I have been looking for FOREVER! I know, every time I mention that I want a garden bicycle people sneer at me like I am putting pink flamingos in my front yard...or garden gnomes- which I love! But my mom has one in her garden and she gets to dress it according to seasons and it looks adorable! My favorite look is fall when she puts a pumpkin in the front basket. I'm telling you- it's adorable!


My little gnome friend has faded from the sun!

So we drove up and I spotted a guy selling iron works outside of the craft area. I ran over to the booth in the rain and spotted this little beauty. I am thinking that it is actually a tricycle but I don't care. It's still going to look so cute all dressed up. We still have a loooonnng way to go on that garden but Alan got some stuff planted last weekend. We just have a few more bushes to plant and cleaning out and mulch to lay down. As soon as it stops raining down here.

So the rest of the weekend was lazy. Kylie and I watched Marley and Me and cried all night last night. Why did I let her watch it? She came into the room and was enthralled in it! I told myself that we would turn it off when he started getting sick but we just couldn't. Kylie had lots of questions and of course we both fell in love with that dog! Luckily we had Daisy to love on. She got lots of love after that movie! I also watched Bride Wars. How many movies can they make about weddings?

It's still raining here, I have a bad headache and cramps, and to top it all off, Alan refused to go to the store to get me some "stuff." I was this close to having a breakdown in front of everyone. You will be happy to know that I am back at home and in bed. This little guy is what is making me smile!



Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to all the teachers out there. I LOVED that week!! I always had some of the greatest parents and kids that showed their appreciation. :)

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I love the bike! I have a wire frog that holds a plant in my garden. Glad you guys had a nice relaxing weekend.

Kara said...

Can't wait to see the bike through the seasons!

I was smart enough to know I couldn't watch Marley and Me in public, so I watched the DVD a couple of weeks ago. Cried so hard, I had to stop the DVD to regroup!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....