5.22.2009

It's All About the Climb


Here's Riley in his favorite monster pajamas standing in front of his white board that he dragged into the dining room. His teachers have taught him addition using the point system and he is writing and solving problems on his white board constantly! 

You can't see the date really well because he is standing in front of it but it says 2-11-09. That's right. That's what the date is since he started on 1-1-09 over a month ago. He changes it everyday! How cute is that?

He is still doing great...except when we go out in public! It seems like he is so normal at home and then when we go somewhere with a crowd, friends, family, etc..... He will usually do something that distinguishes him from the rest. It's okay until he spots a fan in the corner or a back room. Then he wants that fan! He wants to plug it and unplug it. Put it on tables or couches and stand back and look at it. Oh yeah, I'm not making this up. It's gotten so bad that when we go to someone's house we ask them put up any box fans that they may have sitting out. Good thing Alan and I have a sense of humor and aren't perfectionists or else we would be eaten alive by this thing called Autism! 

My parents are rolling into town today and I am so ecstatic!! They came up to see us this winter after we moved in and we have been down a few times but I still miss them SO much! I can't wait to show my mom some little shops that I have found since they were last here. Here's hoping that the rain doesn't slow us down!!

While running errands this morning, guess what I listened to in the car? Kidd Kraddick who thinks that America chose the wrong idol? NO! I listened to my 3 downloaded itunes songs by our NEW American Idol- Kris Allen!! Still so happy......

1 comment:

Tina❀ said...

He's a cutie pie!
Found your blog through another blog. Caught my eye because of your son. I'm an aide in an autistic support classroom, I can appreciate the whole fan thing. LOL.
These kids are amazing. You are absolutely right, you have to have a sense of humor, it's a necessity!
Looking forward to seeing more of your blog!

Have a fabulous weekend!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....