I can't believe a week has passed since my parents came to visit! And why didn't I get any pics while they were here? Oh well, we are going to see them after school lets out this week and I will get some then. My mom and I had a grand old time shopping with Kylie, of course, my parents took us out to Johnny Carino's (YUM), and we grilled out for them as well. We also watched Taken- great movie! and a couple of other movies while lounging around.
OH YEAH- we also ALL went to see Night at the Museum 2 and Riley lasted for about 30-45 minutes! I'm not lying! He started to get restless and sing the same song pretty loudly so Nana took him outside. Good thing there were fountains, a children's playground, and a train to keep him busy. Thank you so much for letting us stay and see the movie, Nana!! ♥
Then, right after they left, I got the sickest I have ever been without grandparents to help out! Alan picked up the slack by taking the kids to school one morning, but, MAN! I don't think I have ever felt that bad for 4 days straight! It was NOT pretty! I missed Kylie's field day and her awards ceremony. She made the honor roll and has a 98% average! We are so proud of her! She also got an Accelerated Reader's award and medal for reaching her goal of reading and scoring high on tests. I think she got 3 coupons to local places for a free meal, also.

I'm still not at 100% but there was NO way that I was going to miss her first roller skating party. I remember skating in our garage to the Sound of Music 8 track- I could do axels and everything! I also remember going to the Mckinney Roller Rink with my friends and doing the YMCA in the middle of the rink. That was such a fun time and I knew Kylie was excited about going.
When we first got there, she wanted to hold onto the walls with all the other girls who were on their first time as well. I got my own skates but felt bad about going really fast around with her looking at me with sad eyes. So, I found it best to take off my skates and walk around holding her hand. She soon gained confidence and learned how to balance and at the end we were couple skating with ease. She was a little sad when it was time to go so I promised her that we would definitely come back. Now she wants to have her birthday party at the Skating Rink!




This week is my last FREE week because the kids get out of school on Thursday. I am a little sad but summer will go by so quickly and we have a lot planned! The kids start back to school on a year-round schedule on August 3 which is really soon! I know that the Non-Traditional schedule will be best for our family, though. All we need now is for some grandparents to move up here so I can go back to work and they can be free to keep the kids after school. It's time, I think! I have had 7 glorious years at home with the kids- thank you, Alan!! and I am ready to have a life and work with people during the day. Plus, make some extra money for trips and things that one income doesn't always afford us!
So, Kylie graduated from 1st grade and Riley graduated from Kindergarten! It's funny that Riley made the cut-off in Arkansas last year and was the youngest one in his class. If anyone needed an extra year, it was him! Now, the cut-off is back to September 1st...argh!! Get it straight, Arkansas!!! So we will probably hold him back so he can be with his own age. But, he did SO great this year- we are proud of all his accomplishments, too! Plus we toured our new school and both of the kids are excited about starting there. It's SO nice with lots of parent support and tradition. Plus, it's practically across the street, so- SCORE! Kylie is the most excited because she will be a Wildcat!! Oh, SO High School Musical!
Then, right after they left, I got the sickest I have ever been without grandparents to help out! Alan picked up the slack by taking the kids to school one morning, but, MAN! I don't think I have ever felt that bad for 4 days straight! It was NOT pretty! I missed Kylie's field day and her awards ceremony. She made the honor roll and has a 98% average! We are so proud of her! She also got an Accelerated Reader's award and medal for reaching her goal of reading and scoring high on tests. I think she got 3 coupons to local places for a free meal, also.
I'm still not at 100% but there was NO way that I was going to miss her first roller skating party. I remember skating in our garage to the Sound of Music 8 track- I could do axels and everything! I also remember going to the Mckinney Roller Rink with my friends and doing the YMCA in the middle of the rink. That was such a fun time and I knew Kylie was excited about going.
When we first got there, she wanted to hold onto the walls with all the other girls who were on their first time as well. I got my own skates but felt bad about going really fast around with her looking at me with sad eyes. So, I found it best to take off my skates and walk around holding her hand. She soon gained confidence and learned how to balance and at the end we were couple skating with ease. She was a little sad when it was time to go so I promised her that we would definitely come back. Now she wants to have her birthday party at the Skating Rink!
(holding onto the wall for dear life)
(goofing around with Marissa)
(Her Mary Kate and Ashley pose)
(first time around by herself)
(Posing with her flashy orange skates)
This week is my last FREE week because the kids get out of school on Thursday. I am a little sad but summer will go by so quickly and we have a lot planned! The kids start back to school on a year-round schedule on August 3 which is really soon! I know that the Non-Traditional schedule will be best for our family, though. All we need now is for some grandparents to move up here so I can go back to work and they can be free to keep the kids after school. It's time, I think! I have had 7 glorious years at home with the kids- thank you, Alan!! and I am ready to have a life and work with people during the day. Plus, make some extra money for trips and things that one income doesn't always afford us!
So, Kylie graduated from 1st grade and Riley graduated from Kindergarten! It's funny that Riley made the cut-off in Arkansas last year and was the youngest one in his class. If anyone needed an extra year, it was him! Now, the cut-off is back to September 1st...argh!! Get it straight, Arkansas!!! So we will probably hold him back so he can be with his own age. But, he did SO great this year- we are proud of all his accomplishments, too! Plus we toured our new school and both of the kids are excited about starting there. It's SO nice with lots of parent support and tradition. Plus, it's practically across the street, so- SCORE! Kylie is the most excited because she will be a Wildcat!! Oh, SO High School Musical!
4 comments:
What a little cutie! I had a skating party for my birthday when I was 7 or 8 and it was SO much fun! I haven't been skating in forever...how fun!
She is too cute! I L-O-V-E-D to roller skate when I was young! I'm glad you're feeling better, I thought Taken was an awesome movie! (and Toot is never allowed out of the country without me...or Liam Neeson). LOL
I love hearing about all of Kylie's achievements!! That girl has really come out of her shell over the past few years. I am so proud of that precious girl! Love the pictures too.
OH mylanta.........what a pretty little girl!!! Looks like such a fun time!
Post a Comment