This is my cute bag. I got it at Swoozie's when Riley was in school in Dallas. I loved going into that store and just browsing around. Plus that was the best place to get teacher gifts! Then one day I spotted this bag. It was all I could think about for a whole night. The next day, I went in there and proudly purchased it. It wasn't as cheap as a Walmart purse and certainly wasn't as expensive as a designer bag so I was really proud.
Everywhere I went I got compliments on my bag. "Where did you get it?" "What brand is it?"- like Kate Gosselin's haircut (ugh-she really needs to come down a notch) everyone wanted to know about my bag. The best part is that I could put Riley's picture symbols in there along with a huge daytime calendar which I need so that I can remember appointments.
Fast forward to over a year and a half later and look at it. It's so sad and tearing apart. The inside lining is shot and the outer covering is ripping as well. It is definitely time for a new bag. But I don't want a new bag. I want one just like this one! The problem- it is no where to be found. Not on ebay, not on etsy, not in bargin stores- NO WHERE!! They do have different colors but I don't want a different color. I want my pink and brown giraffe print.
So, here's what I found online. It's kinda like my old one but not really. It is the same designer but who knows what it will look like when I get it since I had to find in online! I am a little disappointed but will learn to live with the new bag. It should be here tomorrow and I will definitely keep those who are still with me and reading this post posted on whether it was worth it or not. :)
7 comments:
Awwww...I posted about my poor little change purse that broke it's zipper and now you have a sad bag! There must be something going around...like fab bag flu! lol I bet your new bag is going to be even better than your old one! And girl, I am so with you on Gosselin...ugh indeed....
do they still sell it at Swoozies? I LOVE that store... I would totally go get it for you if they have it!
You have such good taste! I happen to have a carry-on type bag and a hang-up bag that match the new one you are getting!
I do love swoozies. Have you been to http://www.givesimple.com/?
they have some cute bags there too that get tons of compliments and are not crazy expensive...some are like $25ish.
on the cake comment: yes, I do love the cake stand and will probably order from them :)
Seriously, if you want to call Swoozies in Southlake and ask them if they have one (or could order you one), I don't mind getting one from there for you at all! The new one looks cute and promising though, so you might be ready for a new & improved fab bag!
Traci - I loved that bag too...hate to see it go. I hope the new one adjust to the high expectations of the old...Take care!!
Traci, I’m sure this article about your Swoozie bag was interesting to most, but just let me say this: As a grandmother who eagerly clicked on the box to see the anticipated pictures of the grandkids, it sucked!!! Big time!
Mom
I think the new one is really cute too! It's SO you! :)
Post a Comment