5.07.2009

Sad Eyes :(


First, a sweet picture of Kylie with her new hat from Veronica. She's actually having a free giveaway until tomorrow! Kylie loves her hat and as you can see, put it on right when we got it from the mail. I think she looks really cute in hats, too!

Now- don't let this picture scare you! It's Kylie after I pried her eyes open this morning with a warm wash rag. Have you ever had to do that? I thought I might have to take her to the ER. This is what happens when you swim at the Comfort Suites with scorching levels of chlorine while your eyes are WIDE open! By the way, thank you Keith and Nancy for putting us up there with all the cousins. We maybe saw Kylie for 5 minutes the whole two days! But, the 5 minutes that we did see her we were placing hot compresses on her eyes and shooting her up with visine. She was crying. Not because they were hurting so much. But because she was missing out on the running of the hotels with her cousins.

Kylie's mugshot! HA!!

The real reason that we were there was to honor Granny and her life. She looked beautiful and the service was really nice. I sat with Riley and we got through about 7 minutes before I had to take him out. I thought I was going to have to take him out when he started singing, "There's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy!" but I quieted him down. Then while singing "How Great Thou Art" he went through all the alphabet and their sounds. That was the one time in my life that I was hoping to sing all the verses while standing! So, once we sat down, he decided to sing the abc song. I took away his book, he screamed bloody murder, everyone turned to look at us, and we left. Luckily there was a room just outside that he played in so I could listen to the rest.

My father in law read the eulogy and I am convinced that he should tour around the country doing motivational speeches. Of course I learned things about Granny that I didn't know and I met family that I didn't know or had only met once and we had lots of family time. 

After the funeral, we went back to Granny's house for more family and food. Riley was noticeably overwhelmed so we packed up and headed home. We will miss Granny so much but were so glad that we got to say goodbye to her and be around family.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

That hat is too cute! I'm glad her poor little eyes are okay! lol

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....