11.13.2009

10 Years together! ♥

Today is mine and Alan's 10 year wedding anniversary!! I had planned to write a big post on how sweet he is and how good we are together and all that, but I got a stomach bug last night and am really tired.

I do want to mention that we met on a blind date, wait, it gets better........ set up by my mother. Yes, my mom actually thought that we would be good together for some reason. She worked with him and immediately saw a future for me with the new guy from Arkansas. I know my mom's type and I was a little scared at first, but then I was so frustrated with someone that I had been seeing that I told her to give him my digits. And she did. And he called. And we talked a long time that night. And the next. And then we went out on a date. And the rest is history.

These are the only wedding pics that I have ever scanned in. That's so sad! And they weren't even the professional ones. Someone took these pics of us and gave us the copies. I think Alan looks dashing in this one! I love you, honey. He's signing his life away right here! ha!

The best part is that we get to go on our much-needed, much talked-about vacation in a little over a week to celebrate. At least I know I won't have a stomach bug in Mexico. Well, unless I drink the water.

6 comments:

Belinda said...

Happy Anniversary to you two....

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I'm jealous of the trip. I desperately need a vacation.

Erica said...

Happy Anniversary to two of my favorite people!! I am so glad that the Lord placed us in each other's lives and cannot wait to be around to watch you celebrate 25 and 50 years together. I hope you have an amazing vacation. Love ya!

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary! You'll be on the beach in no time now!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Happy Anniversary to you! What a neat story too. Hope you have the BEST time on your vacation and enjoy yourself to the fulliest! :-)

The Wallace Family said...

Happy anniversary! Have a blast on your vacation in Mexico:) I am sorry you have the bug, but hopefully you will be all well in Mexico!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....