11.14.2009

Anniversary Hangover

Alan and I had a great Anniversary. We didn't go to a fancy restaurant or on a fancy trip ( just ONE short week away!) but we did do normal family things. We almost never do normal family things. We don't have a normal family! But we truly felt normal last night. Better than normal, even!

Kylie had a birthday party to go to at Jump Zone so we took her to the party and actually left her there! It wasn't easy to do- but we did it. It helped that Kylie's good friend Alyssa from class was there and her mom stayed and kept an eye on the girls for us. Then we went with Riley to Barnes and Noble to get a book for our trip. They don't have it at Walmart! (I know what you people are thinking!)

I haven't read this book yet and I have heard that it is a must read. I am also going to take a light book but I just haven't found the right one yet. Plus, a web design book that I found.

It was the first time in a long time that we took Riley to B&N. When we got out of the van, he was looking at all the restaurants near the store and looked up at us and said, "Chips n cheese?" He was hungry and I told him that we would get him some that night. Alan wanted to know how he knew that those were restaurants. Ummmm, he's not dumb! :)

Then we took him to the kids section and he picked out some books, sat down, and looked at them. He did get a little loud at times but I think Alan and I are past telling everyone around us that he has autism. I am thinking it's no one's business to know anymore. Unless they ask. He wanted a book so we obliged.

After we picked up Kylie and tore her away from Alyssa, we went to eat our Anniversary dinner with kids at a little hole in the wall- mexican style. It was so much fun to be with my whole family and have everyone happy! Kylie told us that she ate 3 pieces of pizza and a piece of cake at the party while munching on chips and guacamole. I told her to go ahead and enjoy the food now because when she gets to be a teenager, it will be a big stress for her! Am I right, ladies? She looked at me like I had bugs crawling out of my ears.

Then we came home and everyone went to their own rooms! ha! I am crazy busy this week with blogs, homework, quizzes, final projects, getting the house clean, doing laundry, and packing. Oh yeah, and keeping up with my blogging pledge everyday!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

It has been so fun to come to your blog everyday and see a new post. I might go into withdrawel when you go on your trip! Happy Anniversary!!!!

Kristen OQ said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun evening. You are going to really like Same Kind of Different. For a light read, you might like Meg Cabot (Boys Meets Girl, Boy next door, etc.) Alyssa hooked me on her several years ago...lighthearted, easy reading, funny, etc. Great for a beach trip!

Have fun!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....