11.23.2009

Hungry Monday: Pumpkin-licious Nog


I love Hungry Girl. She always has tips for watching your waistline and the recipes are usually pretty good. I am still anxious to try last week's cupcakes!

Right now, I am in sunny Mexico so this drink doesn't sound too great, but when we come home and that NW wind hits us, it's gonna be cold! And you can bet that I am going to try this little nugget! Kylie loves pumpkin loaf from Starbucks and I bet she will really like this drink, too.



HG's Pumpkin-licious Nog

PER SERVING (1 cup): 110 calories, 2g fat, 344mg sodium, 16g carbs, 2g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 6g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

Even non-nog-lovers will become obsessed with this creamy, pumpkin-packed stuff!

Ingredients:
5 cups light vanilla soymilk

One small (4-serving) package Jell-O Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix

6 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda)

2/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 tsp. rum extract

1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Optional Topping: additional cinnamon 



Directions:
In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend on high until mixed thoroughly. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow it to thicken.

If you like, top each glass off with a sprinkling of cinnamon. Enjoy!

MAKES 5 SERVINGS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you blogging from your vacation????? You crazy woman, go enjoy yourself on the beach and drink a fruity, umbrella topped alchoholic beverage for me!

Traci said...

Michelle-
Ha! I set up the automated response to blog while I was gone. I am uploading pictures now! :)

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....