11.15.2009

Rise and Shine

Kylie just let us know that her class is going to do 2 poems tomorrow morning for the school's Rise and Shine program. Each class gets this opportunity throughout the year. I asked her what poems she was going to do and she said, "I dunno, some kind of Thanksgiving poem. We also have to say what we are thankful for."

Me: "Oh, what are you going to say?"
Kylie: "I'm thankful for my cousins." (trying not to look at me. finally looks at me and says, "someone took mom and dad and family, so that's all I could think of!"
Me: "Go get me your folder."
Kylie: sighs and walks off

When she brings me her folder, there are instructions about what to wear TOMORROW!! A fall colored shirt with NO writing on it. It's 6:38 pm. Luckily I have enough time to run all over town and find a shirt. I'm having flashbacks of my brother, Jeff, telling my parents that he has to build a fort the night before it's due. sigh.

Do I try Target or Walmart first?

2 comments:

Michael Ann said...

hahahaha! love that story and that girl!

Traci said...

I am praying you get a little girl just like her, Mikey!! So sweet at times and then other times, she's 15 and surly!! Ha!

Target had pretty red shirts and I picked up some sunglasses while I was there! :)

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....