
Oops! I almost forgot my Hungry Monday post. Why am I so hungry on Mondays? Today it is freezing cold here- but I just read that it is National Mousse Day (I can't make this stuff up- seriously!) and I thought that I would go ahead and whip up a chocolate mousse pie for after our turkey chili tonight in honor of said Mousse Day. mmmmmmmm
I love making this Chocolate Mousse Pie because everyone always ooh's and ahh's over it and it is really very easy to make.
Ingredients
7 oz. Hershey Chocolate Bar with Almonds (found with the candy)
16 large marshmallows
1/2 cup milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 shell (graham or other)
Directions
Place HUGE chocolate bar, marshmallows and milk in heavy saucepan over low heat. I usually break the bar into pieces. Stir constantly- I mean, babysit that thing- until melted and creamy. You should be able to see the almonds, though. Cool. Whip that whipping cream. And whip it good. You should see peaks in that thing. Now pour the cooled chocolate concoction into the whipping cream. If the chocolate is not cooled, your pie will be like soup. Now fold into the crust. I have used a regular crust and a chocolate graham crust and both are really good. You will need to refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Dress it up with a dollop of whipped cream or chocolate shavings on the top if desired.
Voila! Chocolate Mousse Pie on National Mousse Day. I can't wait to see what's next!
2 comments:
YUM-O!
This looks yummy!!! I don't need it, but I WANT it!
Post a Comment