3.26.2010

flashback friday


This is me. In the 70's. Listening to Karen Carpenter, Anne Murray, or Dolly Parton. Those were the 8-tracks that my mom would play that I loved so much. My parents had this huge sound system that played records and 8-tracks. I loved to listen to music and be as close to the speakers as I could be and just sing along so loud!

This is one of my favorite pictures of my youth because it shows how happy I was and how much I loved life! Except when "Me and Little Andy" by Dolly Parton would play. I would cry to that song- that is no song that a little girl should be listening to!

It's hard to believe that this is the last week in my 30's. Where did the time go? Will I be forty and fabulous like the SATC girls? Or will I miss my thirty, flirty, and thriving years? Only time will tell...

4 comments:

Summer said...

Awwww your so stinkin cute then and now deary! Happy Birthday week to you! I heart Dolly Parton too LOL....My all time fav movie has her in it....Steel Magnolias....

Have a great weekend
Summer :0)

Maggi said...

Ah, 8 tracks! lol You were too cute! Your 40th will be fabulous! :D

Samantha said...

8 tracks sound so much better in my opinion.

Mc Allen said...

awww, lol. That song tore me up too!! Such a cute pic! ;) xxoo LA

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....