Last night, Alan took me to Ruth's Chris for a special birthday dinner. This was our first time to visit a Ruth's Chris. Our favorite steak restaurant in Dallas is Three Forks. Three Forks....mmmmmm
But, we are really limited with nice restaurants here in Arkansas so we decided to try it out and see how good it was. We were NOT disappointed!
Alan came home from work and walked in with these babies! They weren't from Alan- they were from my sweet sister in law, (Alan's sister) Essie. She's living in D.C. right now and we are really missing her. My in-laws just moved here and she is chomping at the bit to come and stay with them and see all of us. Hopefully she can work out a trip pretty soon. Aren't they beautiful!! Only Essie knew how important flowers would mean to me on this day! :)
Alan had made reservations to the restaurant but we had to wait about 30 minutes to be seated. We were just sitting there talking about everything and didn't really notice that we were waiting so long. So, they offered us a free cocktail. Hello pomegranate martini!!
It was so nice to sit down with Alan and talk about all the things that have been happening in our lives. I miss my alone time with him. We ate a wonderful meal and were so stuffed afterwards. They brought out the chocolatey-est cake ever and I blew out the candle and made a wish that I was a size 2. It didn't work. So I ate the chocolate expresso cake. They also took a picture of us and will email it to me in the next couple of days. I tried to take a picture with my phone but it was so dark in there that it looks really bad.
I had a wonderful birthday and truly felt so special yesterday! Today I feel blah and think I am developing a kidney infection. But, it's the last day of March and I blogged every day! I may keep it up because I am loving meeting new people :)
Tomorrow is the beginning of April and Autism Awareness Month. Get ready to learn all about my Riley! <3
3.31.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...




7 comments:
I'm ready for Autism Awareness Month too!!!! Chance to show the world how amazing my boy is!!!
Glad you had a fab birthday....I heart lobster tail to and your food looks amazing! That martini looks so pretty and fab....I have never had a pomegrante one but Oprah always talks about it LOL....
It is great there is a Autism Awareness Month and it will be nice to learn more about Riley! He is such a precious little boy!
Happy Birthday again....
xoxo
Summer :0)
Oh man, that looks good!!! Happy Birthday! Looks like you hit the jackpot! :-)
OH. MY. GAW. I need to know where this fabulous restaurant is, missy and STAT. It looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.
Glad you had such a great day.
I'm so excited because I'm going to have a table at a huge conference coming up. We are going to have our gfcf website and all kinds of information on Autism awareness.
Sorry your birthday wish didn't come true. Maybe it will, but just not as quickly as you wished it to.
I love love love that restaurant! I've only been once but I still remember that chocolate cake, it's awesome! lol
So happy you enjoyed the flowers! That dinner sounds absolutely wonderful!
Post a Comment