3.08.2010

Oscars Fashion twenty-ten

Let's talk about the Oscars!! 10 bucks says that Neil Patrick Harris gets the honor of hosting next year! I miss Billy Crystal's funny intros and Ellen's wit hosting the Oscars! No one else is that good. And why did they go back to "And the winner is....". Just when I was getting used to "And the Oscar goes to..". Oh well, Sandra won and all is right with the world.

I did notice that George needed a haircut but was still yummy and Jeff Bridges could have used a shave and a cut. Did anyone see him in White Squall. He was eye candy back in the day. Let's get on to the fashion.

I'm no fashion expert but these are the dresses/looks that I loved!!

I wonder if Meryl Streep had worn this dress- would it have been as lovely? NO! It's Nicole! I love the fashion girl in her and how she makes the dress! She is the Jackie O. of the 2000's!!

Sandra looked beautiful! I loved her hair, the red lips, the dress that fit like a glove! She got it right last night!! A beautiful person inside and out.


I am thinking that Anna Kendrick is growing on me. I really liked her look last night. I can't tell you how jealous I am that she got to work that closely with Clooney!

I thought Demi looked gorge when she walked onto the stage in this gown. I love how it flowed and how it hugged her tiny body.

Cameron finally got it right! I loved her dress- the color and the bling. I also thought her hair looked better than I have seen it since she did The Mask with Jim Carrey.

I don't know why I liked this dress, but on the red carpet Jennifer Lopez looked amazing. It was a very pretty pink on camera. Not so much in the pic.

Now for the crazies!!

This dress is saying, "Look at my boobies. I have none. So my designer put these rosettes where they should be. I should really eat more".......


What the what, Tina? 


I'm so disappointed in this water- colored mural. Rachael is one of my faves!


The bright orange self-tanner ruined this look for me. Sorry, Mariska!


Gasp! Carrie Bradshaw would have never worn a train-wreck of a dress like this one!


Her dress is a'ight she just REALLY gets on my nerves!!


Graffiti on a dress! Does anyone else think that Maggie is a little smug? I will admit that I don't like her attitude and I don't like her dress. She's probably the one that broke up Reese and Jake if the truth be told!!


Really Zoe? Really? I want to have a Fiesta and use the bottom part of her dress to drape around the light fixtures.

Other awards:

Best Eye Candy

Worst Hair Award- I want to fix her hair really bad!!


The Wicken Award

Been There- Done That Award
Penelope always looks great but I just feel like she wears the same dress in a different color to every awards ceremony! 


Most Improved!! Looking better, Meryl!!

I can't wait to see the Fashion Police tonight. I already know that Jay thinks that Charlize Theron's dress was SO high fashion. blech!!

5 comments:

Erica said...

You got it right as usual. I told Courtney that the two of you should be on the red carpet commentating together, it would be priceless. I thought Sandra, Cameron and Demi definitely were the tops. What was Charlize thinking? (You have to check out Courtney's description, it will make you laugh out loud.) Love you girl!

courtney said...

really? i loved tina fey's dress! i'm going to have to look at another picture of it b/c maybe i didn't see it correctly, but i thought it was really pretty when she was on stage.--i also liked rachel mcadams' dress! :) it definitely wasn't the best dress of the night or the best i've ever seen her look, but i did like it.

LOVED sandra bullock's and LOVE her!

Jen said...

I'm so sad because I love Faith Hill and she looked so weird in that dress. Agree with you on Sandra - she is the cutest thing ever and I am so glad she won!!! That movie was amazing!

Summer said...

I laughed right out loud about this post! Sandra is a doll and I thought she looked gorge too! I heart Nicole Richie and I was sooo happy she got it right, she looked stunning....Um yeah what was up with Charlize Theron's dress....it was sooo look at my tata's I told my husband (Look at her rosebuds) in which he replied "she doesn't have any" LOL....that was really funny....

O.K. Sarah Jessica Parker's dress Blech Blech Blech and her hair was just a mess....the front was fly away everywhere and the back was this super princess laya do that I sooo didn't like....

George or George if you would have only shaved.....
Oooh was Ryan some eye candy.....

Glad you posted this....

Summer :0)

Samantha said...

Good choices. I am definitely making my choices later in the week.

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....