3.20.2010

spring break snow

So I came to Texas and I guess the snow followed me. I really wanted to wear flip flops, too! Well, I got my wish today because I had a couple of hours to myself and got a pedicure. A much needed pedicure. I left the salon with flip flops and then had to go to Market Street to pick up some items. It started snowing and was freezing!!! But I wasn't about to put my boots on and mess up my toes!! Here I am in the middle of Market Street:



You should have seen the looks I got. After this pic was taken, I paid and ran to my car. When I was getting into my car, I knicked my big toe on the emergency break. All of that hard work for nothing!

On a side note, I also got a massage after my pedicure. Just a little early birthday gift from Alan. Here's a question for the ladies out there that love to get massages:

When did the butt get put on the massage menu?

I ask because the last 3 massages that I have gotten, I have had to tell the masseur that I'm not exactly comfortable with them massaging my butt. I swear, when did this become okay? Today, I even had to pull the sheet up a little bit more than I should have. I left feeling violated! I'm not kidding at all. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or had this experience.

Tonight my brothers and wives and sweet niece Charlie came over for dinner. Mom made King Ranch Chicken for us and it was delicious! Then she had an early birthday cake for me. Mom knows how to make me feel special! Only 10 days until I hit 40. Where did my 30's go?

7 comments:

courtney said...

um, traci, i've gotten 3 or 4 massages in the past year and they haven't attempted to touch my hiney. i think you're being taken advantage of! :)

LOVE the cake--so pretty!!

Socially Savvy said...

Happy early birthday! Your cake is beautiful! Have a fun time in Texas. What - can't believe it is snowing there. We came out to Colorado for the snow - could have stayed home:)

Traci said...

Now I feel REALLY violated, Courtney!!

Summer said...

Traci I get massages alot because of my disease and um girly no-one has ever tried to touch my hiney LOL.... I can't belive snow....OMG about the pedicure and then nicking your toe on the emergency break! That stinks....

Oh I looooooooove that cake! So stinkin cute and zebra....eeeeeek.....that's the cake I want for my B-Day....

xoxo
Summer :0)

Maggi said...

Never had my butt massaged before...lol. I so need a pedicure! That cake looks so fun! Happy early birthday! :D

Samantha said...

I'm jealous of the pedicure.
I'm jealous of the massage.
And I'm jealous of the cake.

Sarah said...

I'm a runner and when I get massages my "hiney" gets massaged and I need it because the hiney muscles are sore...but if it makes you feel violated DEFINITELY tell them....massages are supposed to relax you and your muscles.

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....