Last night, Kylie and I had a fantastic date night! I love spending time with Kylie and realize how much she has grown up when we spend alone time together. I can't believe that my little girl is 8 years old! She was just a sweet baby a couple of years ago. Now she is a sweet and thoughtful 2nd grader.
We started out by going to the Promenade, which is the mall of the 2000's. You know, it's outside and there are usually the same shops in every Promenade across the board. It was a beautiful night and they had put up light blue lights around the trees after Christmas. It still looked like a winter wonderland and Kylie really dug it.
I had to get some skin care items from Aveda. Yes, I have searched high and low for skin care that doesn't make my skin flake in the winter months. Nothing- and I mean nothing because I have tried everything from Arbonne to Mary Kay, works on my scaley skin except for Aveda.
After we were done in the Aveda salon, I thought that we would go eat somewhere of Kylie's choice. Kylie was having such a great time that she wanted to walk around the Promenade and go into all the stores. I took her into Claire's and told her that she could get her ears pierced and she just rolled her eyes at me. She SO does not want her ears pierced until she is a pre-teen. (Her words) She did have fun trying on scarves, hats, and sunglasses and posing in the mirrors. Some of the teenage girls in there thought she was adorable.
Then we went into my favorite shop- Sephora!! I LOVE Sephora and could spend all day in there! We walked in to all of the workers looking like this:
They were promoting a new line from Tarina Tarintino. You should have seen Kylie's face when she saw that girl bouncing toward her with pink hair and fake eyelashes with diamonds on them. ha! I got us some bath soap that smells yummy and eyeliner for $5!
We spent about another hour at the Promenade and then she decided that she was hungry and she knew just where she wanted to go.
So we headed to Steak 'n Shake where she fell in love with her hamburger, stringy french fries, and orange dreamsicle shake. I had a banana and strawberry shake and it was yummy!
Then we headed back home to watch Make it or Break it! It's a show on ABC Family about girls on a gymnastics team. It's about as cheezy as an ABC After School Special but Kylie and I LOVE it!
It made me feel so good to see Kylie so happy and talking to me about everyday things. Alan and I try to take time to make her feel special and give her alone time with each of us. I know she feels slighted sometimes when Riley grabs our attention so much. She is a special little girl and I know that she is going to prefer friends to me and Alan in a couple of years. Bittersweet!
3.06.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...





6 comments:
What a fun day! She will remember days like that forever. There is nothing like a mother/daughter bond!
I LOVE this!!!
Your daughter is just presh! What a great mommy and daughter night out! Makes me all giddy to think of time like this when Kelcee gets older! I heart Sephora too I loooove Bare Minerals makeup....I laughed right out loud about the girls with the pink hair and glitter eyelashes....betcha that was funny! I wish we had a mall like that! Oh and thanks now I want a milkshake LOL.....
I have been reading your story and you have an amazing family and you are a great mommy! Your kids are precious!
Have a Happy Saturday
Summer :0)
so fun! what a great date!
So funny that she refuses to get her ears pierced until she is old enough!
Sounds like a fun night. I'm going to try your Aveda stuff. My face is flaky.
Kara- You can get small samples and try them to see which ones you love!
Post a Comment