Today we traveled the 2 hour trip to Tulsa to visit a DAN! doctor for Riley. We had a dr. in Dallas but since we have moved up here, it's hard to make it there on a weekday. Plus we always had to wait about 2 hours before we could even see him. Plus plus he always yelled at us for not coming as often.
So, I did some research and found a fabulous doctor in Tulsa who called me from his home to discuss Riley. Brownie point #1. Alan and I had planned to take Riley today and Kylie was going to go home from school with a friend. Early this morning I got a call from friend's mother to say that she was sick. So, Kylie went on the trip with us. She was a doll and the doctor was smitten with her. Brownie point #2.
When we got there, Dr. Taylor wanted to speak to me alone. I had brought Riley's tests that showed high levels of mercury and everything else and Dr. Taylor sat with me and went over the test results and explained things to me about Riley that I had never been told. Brownie point #3. Our old doctor was wonderful but he just didn't have that kind of time to spend with each patient. He did have time to yell at us, though! :(
All in all it was a great visit and I think that we are going to see some wonderful things from Riley through the new supplements and his new even-stricter diet. (ugh!)
On the way home, we came up on an accident on the highway in Tulsa. There was a lot of construction and a girl ran right into the back of an 18-wheeler right in front of her. We were the second car behind her and Alan called 911. It looked like she only broke her leg but you never know. She was screaming in pain and I was worried for the kids to see it. We were stopped beside her for almost 5 minutes and I am really worried and praying for her and her family tonight.
With that being said, I woke up last night with a sharp pain in my upper back. It was hard to breathe and was really hurting. I went to the bathroom and came back and told Alan that I was hurting. Right about that time, I believe that I suffered a panic attack and it was not good. I was really scared and just realized how stressed I have been with life and my business. I mean, yesterday, I stayed on the computer from sun-up 'til sun-down designing a blog, figuring out a website, putting out fires and answering questions. Not to mention that I didn't get to kiss my kids good-night or talk to Alan before he went to sleep. :(
I closed my wait list this morning and stepped away for the day. I appreciate all the business and I LOVE designing but sometimes I just wish I was doing blogs for friends and friends of friends. It was so much easier. It seems like everyday I have someone upset for the wait time which has been out of control lately. Taking a teaching job in the fall is sounding better and better to me.:(
One thing I can always count on are the good friends I have made doing designs. Jenn, Maggie and Kara- I will design for you any time you need! I appreciate you guys SO much!! I know you saw my post this am and you were so worried about me and sent me the kindest emails. (You should have seen what I wrote before Alan made me think about what I was doing! We'll talk!)
So, that's me being REAL in a nutshell. Sorry if it was TMI! But it is my blog and my feelings. I may look back at this in a week and think that I was such a wimp and hopefully grow from it. But for tonight, I am going to make sure that I spend time with the kids before they go to bed and visit with Alan a little bit. And that is all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...
11 comments:
Girl - you poor thing!!! I am so proud of you for stepping away for a bit. I have had panic attacks before and they are the scariest things - nothing like that to tell you to take a break, right? So excited for Riley's new doctor! He sounds like a winner. Praying for you. Take all the time you need! People can wait!!! I love you dearly!!!
Well I just sent you a long-o e-mail so I won't repeat all that here, lol. I'll be praying for that girl that was in the accident! Hope you have some fun family time tonight! :D You're the best!
I'm so happy that y'all found a dr for Riley that you really like. It will also be nice to get another dr's perspective, too.
Hang in there--you're awesome at what you do and you should ONLY work with awesome people. (which by the way, I wasn't on the list but I hope you'll design for me in the future, too!! :)
I'll be thinking about you! Take some time off and take it easy, girl!
I think it's perfectly fine for Mommys to take a time out every now and then. If you want any good GFCF recipes, let me know. I'm putting together a cookbook for my sister's website and I'd be happy to let you preview it and give me a review.
Sorry to hear that you are having a tough week. Glad to hear things went well in Tulsa. You need to take care of yourself and everyone will understand. But I do love your blogs. You do amazing work! ;)
It's great that you've found a doctor that you are so comfortable with, Traci! I believe that makes such a huge difference in how our bodies and minds react to treatment -- you need that trust, and I pray that it will be successful for your little guy.
Take good care of yourself!!
Of course you are on the list, Courtney! Melissa, too. Really, I only have like 2 people that I wouldn't design for again. ha!
But, y'all are the ones that are so good to me! :)
Traci,
Oh girl, it's my fault you were on the computer. I'm so so so sorry. I fighting the urge to cry right now. I suffer from panic attacks, and I know how bad it can be. Please, let my blog be the very very last thing on your list of things to do for any amount of time. I can't apoligize enough. I'm glad to hear the appointment went well, and I can't wait for the girls to get to play together. Again, I'm so sorry! Good for you for closing down the wait list. I hope things only get easier and happier from here!
It was SO not your fault Alicia! I didn't even get to yours yet, so don't be upset! :)
Awww traci..I just read this. I totally understand how you feel ('cept I don't design blogs). I had a panic attack the other day at a baby shower and it wasn't fun. Sometimes we get overwhelmed. My preschool teaching and my kiddos wear me out.
I am glad you found a good Dr. for Riley. I totally understand that. :)
And please dont worry about my little blog!
Try and have a great weekend!!!
Hang in there Traci! Panic attacks are no fun!!
Post a Comment