3.18.2010

Today was SO bad that..........

I need a hug, a shot of tequila, and a massage but not necessarily in that order...

First, I get called by the head sub lady in charge to sub at the local Early Childhood Center. I didn't want to SO bad, but I want her to think I want to work and that I'm dependable, so I told her that I would do it.

The center was nice, the director was so helpful, the kids were cute, but the job? The job was being a floater to all the teachers and aides at the school! What the what? I gave people breaks, rubbed backs at nap time, sat in 3 different nap times for an hour each, cleaned tables, played Words with Friends on my phone (I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to do that) and counted down the clock until it was time to sprint out the door and vow to NEVER EVER NEVER go back there. I had that job already when I was in college and I don't want to revisit my past. Plus, I think it's super emotional for me to see kids doing what Riley could never do. Give me awkward middle schoolers with problems any day!! That's just me, though.

Then, the kids and I walked in to a huge mess! Kylie had left her pom-pom cheer recital outfit on the TOP of Daisy's cage and guess what? Yes! Daisy chewed on it all day and blue tulle was everywhere!!

So, a cute outfit like this:



Is now this:


I called my mom who made me feel a whole lot better and then called the dance company. After I calmed down, I realized that it's only the bottom part of the skirt that is going to need some reworking. That's the good news because we can't get another one and have it here in time for the recital in May.

Kylie came out of her room with red eyes and said, "Well, I guess now we both learned a lesson!" (She's talking about when I left the vacuum cleaner too close to Daisy's cage and Daisy chewed through the cord.)

So, in conclusion, this is why I need a hug, a shot of tequila, and a massage. Thank you, Elyse for that saying because it is a perfect fit for this day! Someday I am going to look on all of this and laugh.

6 comments:

Summer said...

Oh my goodness girly sounds like a crazy day my friend! Here's a virtual hug coming attcha, if we lived closer I would so take you out for a drink LOL, I couldn't drink 'cause of my meds and stuff but I would be good company :0)

That stinks about the subbing....what the what were they thinking letting you like do all nap times....um not fun....Sorry it reminded you of things Riley won't be able to do, but who knows God is good he may be able to do those things! He is so cute BTW....

OMG about the cheerleader outfit....I'm sure it is easily fixed! Maybe....trying to be the optimistic one for ya LOL....

Oh I sooo have left something out for my Bassiet Hound to chew....not fun....He lives with my Mi-Mi but that's not why I promise LOL....it's because he doesn't like our cats at ALL!

Hope you have a better day tommorrow....
xoxo
Summer ;0)

Kelsey Claire said...

What a day! I am sending a shot of tequila your way! Tequila makes everything better!

courtney said...

(((hugs))) i wish i lived closer--i'm not sure i could do a shot, but i'm definitely up for a margarita....or 7.

Brooke said...

Oh my...what a day! Thankfully the outfit can be repaired!

Socially Savvy said...

Sending a big hug your way!

Hattie said...

I vote we have a shot of tequila poured over a margarita!!! It must be something in the air b/c everyone I've talked to (or read their blog) seems to need a drink (me included)!

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....