3.14.2010

spring forward- swimsuits!

Today we spring forward and you know what that means? Spring is coming!! YEA! I can hardly wait to see flowers, wake up to sunlight, and grill out! Who doesn't love spring after many cold, dark winter months?

I am a little apprehensive about summer's arrival. I'm just not ready yet. I haven't reached that size 2 so I can look spectacular in a swimsuit. So, I will just have to find one to cover up my fat butt and that's never fun. Luckily, there are some FUN suits out there to choose from. Here are some that caught my eye.

This one is my absolute favorite! Unless I am going back to a tropical island, I just don't know if I want to spring for it. Maybe it will go on sale!


I saw this baby on jcrew. It's a jersey lomellina ruffled tank for only $175. Only $175! ha! I love the ruffles and the side bow, IN love!!



Spanx one shoulder swimsuit (yes, THE Spanx!)
$178.00
It's got a built in underwire and is fully lined

Juicy Couture ruffle swimdress in red or white
$190.00

Are you seeing a pattern here? I. love. ruffles!!!




Carmen Marc Valvo
$139.00
Sweetheart neckline, crossover bust and tie back- very cute!!



Juicy Couture Shirred Halter Swimdress
$173.00
This one comes in lots of colors. I am loving turquoise!


Hermanny by Vix tunic cover-up
$124.00
Love the tunic cover-up. Not loving the blue, though.



Juicy Couture belted cover-up
$94.00

Of course if I were that size 2. I would be strutting around the school parking lot to pick up my kids in these babies!



Burberry check triangle bikini
$120.00 bottoms
$155.00 top

I still LOVE Burberry! Of course if you are tiny, you have to pay a little bit more.... those are the breaks, skinny girls!



And if I were a little quirky:


Betsey Johnson black polka with a 'lil turquoise
$94

OR, if you are practical, swim in chlorine alot and play with your kids at the pool, I found that these suits are cute and will do just fine. Plus, great savings!!



Merona @ Target
$29.99
Lots of colors to choose from, too!


Mossimo shirred one piece @ Target
$29.99
Love it and love the price, too!

If there is one thing I do know about swimwear, you have to run out and get it when it's still chilly outside and you still have some cellulite to work off. If not, it's slim pickens out there, ladies! Now, go forth and get your swimsuit this week!!

9 comments:

Hattie said...

I like spring for a couple of days, then it gets way too hot here in Texas! I don't even want to think about swim suits! Ugh!

Summer said...

Hey girly I am ready for spring too! I just heart that first swimsuit and the Juicy Couture ones....I am still trying to talk my hubby into letting me buy Kelcee a Juicy outfit but he isn't having the word Juicy spelled out on her toosh....LOL....soooo maybe he will let me buy one of those bathing suits LOL....

xoxo
Summer :0)

Kelsey Claire said...

I love the Jcrew one and the Juicy one. The Merona one is also super cute and looks like it costs alot more! I can't believe it is already time to be thinking about swimsuits!

Jen said...

Oh dear. I started hyperventilating when I read this post.

Michael Ann said...

for those prices, does the body come with it???

Samantha said...

I love the ruffle ones and then the melon one from Tar-jay!

Brooke said...

I get excited about cover ups these days! Ha!

Maggi said...

No way could I wear any of these. lol I do like the retro looking suit from Esther Williams line though!

Ashley said...

TRACI!! I died when I saw the spanks swimsuit! I NEED!! Im going to save & order! GREAT POST GIRL!!! =)

tomorrow

Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....