Happy St. Paddy's Day! This day will always be special to me. I don't mean because of the green beer or partying, I am talking 'bout this day 11 years ago. Alan proposed to me!! And then I said, "Yes!!" And then he took me to Wendy's to celebrate. I am SO not lying!
It's funny because the night before we had gone out to a really nice Italian restaurant and spent time with our friend and Alan's cousin, Katina. Alan had already bought the ring but was getting it sized. It turned out that the ring happened to be ready on Wednesday- St. Paddy's Day- and he just couldn't wait until the weekend.
We had decided not to go anywhere that night because of the crowds and quite frankly, we were tired and wanted to stay in. I had noticed that he was really nervous and just not himself. In the back of my mind, I knew that he was going to do it that night. He got down on one knee and when he pulled out the ring, it was the most beautiful ring and moment with him- ever! Until our kids were born. ha!
I called my parents and they were eating at The Olive Garden and told us to come and have dessert with them since they were in the middle of their food. So, on the way we picked up a burger at Wendy's and scarfed it in the car. We split a piece of cheesecake at The Olive Garden and showed my parents the ring. They were so happy for us! Alan remarked that if The Olive Garden should catch on fire, I needed to stick my hand out the window. That doesn't even make sense now!?! I should have seen then that his romantic meter was negative 50! At least we have the comedy to keep us going from day to day. :)
I will always remember St. Paddy's Day as the day I said yes to Mr. Right! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
tomorrow
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Tomorrow we start back to school. UGH! I don't wanna go back just yet but I know that my body and mind will feel better once I get back....
-
Kylie got a gift from Meemaw and Peepaw, too. This is how we roll in our family- no one gets left out. Keith loves to watch Mike Huckabee...
-
Update: I am laughing at 2 things! 1. I had to grab a pic off the internet of a dining room that looks similar to my mom's since I didn...


8 comments:
hahahahaha what a great story! Happy engagement anniversary! lol Chris proposed to me during "Wedding Crashers" LOL
That is too cute! Such a fun story...Happy Engagement Day to y'all!!
You guys make a cute couple! Good decision, even with the dinner at Wendys! ;)
LOVE this!!! Happy engagement anniversary!!!
Awwww! What a sweet story!
Hahahaha!
That's my kind of celebrating right there! Happy anniversary day!
Best St. Patrick's Day Luck Ever.
Happy Anniversary!
My husband and I started dating on St. Patrick's Day, so it is a special day for us too. I love your engagement story!
Post a Comment